Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only happens once in a "Blue Moon"...actually, a first for me:D

Who is willing to brave the conditions for a full moon night ride on tonight?

Trade that fancy "dress" for xtra layers and clipless shoes:thumbsup:

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Happens every 19 years or so. We used to have a Full Moon Time Trial once a month back in La.. those were fun.

A full moon occurs every 29.5 days, and most years have 12. On average, an extra full moon in a month - a blue moon - occurs every 2.5 years. The last time there was a lunar double take was in May 2007. New Year's Eve blue moons are rarer, occurring every 19 years. The last time was in 1990; the next one won't come again until 2028.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
I figured it to be even more rare. You game?
unfortunatly no.. my daughter is here visiting me and this is her last night before she goes back to La.

But next full moon, we can set up a time trial course on a local trail and have at it. No prizes, just fun and bragging rights. Oh, and beer!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I cant make it in time....Bike lights need to be charged and the clock is moving faster than I can keep up.
Ill have to watch from my windows.....Enjoy
Im going to ride Friday...Anyone interested in a NFH/SFH ride?

·
Registered
789 Posts
It looked like a great night to ride
OK I just got off the phone with Bry...LOL
He must be drunk still...so everyone call him and mess with him today...He was having a hard time forming sentences that made sense....

Ride
Lets shoot for noon SFH IS trailhead...unless it changes...lol

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pcupach said:
It looked like a great night to ride
OK I just got off the phone with Bry...LOL
He must be drunk still...so everyone call him and mess with him today...He was having a hard time forming sentences that made sense....

Ride
It was as good of a night ride as I've ever had! FTB was for the most part snow free. We tried to clear TB but it just turned to ice. That's really the only think that wasn't rideable. We didn't turn on the lights until we hit really tech sections...a-line, etc...

Happy New Year, Nuevo Mexicanos

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
pcupach said:
Are you gonna ride or are you gonna make love to that bike of yours????:D :D
RCC

·
Registered
117 Posts
NFH last night had a fair amount of snow on the upper trails. Skiers, hikers, and folks that can't control their bikes have trashed a lot of the upper stuff. It needs some bike traffic by people who can ride to pack things down and get a good tread going again. Lower stuff will get sloppy as temps rise. All in all it's rideable but SFH will be a better option as the temps rise IMO.
Richard

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
It was as good of a night ride as I've ever had! FTB was for the most part snow free. We tried to clear TB but it just turned to ice. That's really the only think that wasn't rideable. We didn't turn on the lights until we hit really tech sections...a-line, etc...

Happy New Year, Nuevo Mexicanos
So the TB had a little ice?

Happy new year all.

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Im not going to make it. I thought I would be able to tough it out but this cold is kickin my A$$!

And my hiking boots are worn out
And that bike is looking pretty sexxxy
And I dont have any beer
And its cold
And its wet
And its Friday
And NCAA Football is on TV
And Im scared of the A-line

·
Registered
789 Posts
Im not going to make it. I thought I would be able to tough it out but this cold is kickin my A$$!

And my hiking boots are worn out
And that bike is looking pretty sexxxy
And I dont have any beer
And its cold
And its wet
And its Friday
And NCAA Football is on TV
And Im scared of the A-line

And I went back to bed and dont feel like moving

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.