Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody else get out today for a new years ride??
I got in a short 14km of urban/trail ride up and down the escarpment today in 3" of slushy snow, had the studs on, a great way to start the new year!!

Here's a pic of the Red Hll Valley Trail

Attachments

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Cooooooool! Looks like it was fun! Oh, I mean "fun". :D

Yesterday I actually WAS getting all geared up for a "last ride for the year" thing, but ran into a couple of technical issues, so no go. :( Strange - I was actually looking FORWARD to it. :confused: Plenty of time left. ;)

Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
I got out today for 10 mins... did some local doubletrack and concluded that if i wanted to be cold damp and moving at 2 miles per hour i could just go back home and sit in a bath of cold water with some salt and dog piss mixed in.

Instead i cued up a good movie made some wings and watched as my belly gained weight.

I'll see ya when the january thaw swings by...

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had an AWESOME ride today at Ravenshoe. I was out for approximately 3 hours.

Most of the singletrack was hardpacked, and it was definitely a blast to ride. A little bit of ice in some spots, but nothing that’s too big of a problem. I think after a few more inches of snow fall there, it’ll be perfect. What makes ravenshoe so great is that there is very little in terms of hills there. That means, in the winter it is nicer to ride. Because of that, a lot of locals ride it, and it gets even further nicely hard packed.

Definitely a great way to start off the year.

·
NormalNorm
935 Posts
I rode up the escarpment rail trail today, there was no snow on it. Unbelievable what abit of rain and warm temps will do. I have never been able to ride on the rail trail in January with no snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.