Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who's doing the New Years day ride in Auburn this year?

I am not positive but I THINK the usual route is:

Meet @ McDonalds, head down through neighborhood, hit upper connector of Mossy Rock to Stagecoach, regroup @ Russle Rd parking lot, hit Manzanita to Confluence parking lot, climb out Clementine to Green Gate, climb up to Forest Hill Divide loop parking lot via road or "upper Grizzly", do the divide loop, return via connector trail, drop down to Confluence trail, up Stagecoach and back to Mickey D's.

About 27 miles according to my GPS last year....

We'll have to see what the weather holds and hope there is no snow!

Who's starting where and when??

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
redmr2_man said:
that sounds like a brutal hangover ride..

;)

What??! The ride doesn't start until 9:30. Plenty of time to shake off the cobwebs and get moving :sleep:
Thats a late start for some of us.;)

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
anyone down for the 31st

CactusJackSlade said:
Who's doing the New Years day ride in Auburn this year?

I am not positive but I THINK the usualk route is:

Meet @ McDonalds @ 9:30, down through neighborhood, hit upper connector of Mossy Rock to Stagecoach, regroup @ Russle Rd parking lot, hit Manzanita to Confluence parking lot, climb out Clementine to Green Gate, climb up to Forest Hill Divide loop parking lot via road or "upper Grizzly", do the divide loop, return via connector trail, drop down to Confluence trail, up Stagecoach and back to Mickey D's.

About 27 miles according to my GPS last year....

We'll have to see what the weather holds and hope there is no snow!
whatever route but clem, connector FHDL fire break, culvert and confluence

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I was planning to ride with FATRAC from stagecoach. I am going to put a shiny new CK 17t cog on my singlespeed for the ride too (currently at 19t). Should be painful :D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nachomc said:
I was planning to ride with FATRAC from stagecoach. I am going to put a shiny new CK 17t cog on my singlespeed for the ride too (currently at 19t). Should be painful :D
What time is that? We'll be coming over the top of StageCoach probably about 10am....

They are not going down Manzanita first?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
CactusJackSlade said:
What time is that? We'll be coming over the top of StageCoach probably about 10am....

They are not going down Manzanita first?
Looks like they're starting at stagecoach at 10. Not sure what the ride route is from there, but it sure makes sense to do Manzanita and I'd like to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts