Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the days are going to be getting longer, and its a new year.....Tell us some of your biking resolutions! Ride more often? Buy a new blingy bit for your steed? Train for a race?

These will be some resolutions that will be fun to keep! Hey, its biking!

Personally, I'm going to post more pictures. I have been laaaazy. Here's one to start. Happy holidays!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not really a New Years resolution, but I finally 'remade' my old MTB (a Giant Anthem), turning it into a commuter. As luck would have it, I work about 4.5 miles from home but never biked there. So I bought some Kenda 1.25" road tires (that look silly but what the heck) and put on front and rear lights. I also bought a light 'wrap' that looks like a thin tube that wraps around the frame and lights up blue, and a blinking lightstick for the back of my backpack. I look like a Christmas tree but people are going to SEE me (and probably laugh their heads off) from all angles.

I plan on riding every day, weather permitting (which is almost always out here in So. Cal.) Now if only I knew how to handle helmet hair...:D

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
My resolution is to try harder to ride at least five days a week. Since I no longer have to use my own car for work, I want to bike commute three or four days (Monday is usually too long of a day to also commute) and get a ride in on Saturdays. Getting a 29er bike for Christmas is a great incentive, too.

Fiona

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a New Years Resolution/ Plan. In someways it may seem grand, but is not too far off from last year as far as biking, paddling and gym days, I just did not track things. I am making an effort to use the car less (which I need to go boating), drink less, adding in 24 hour races and the Gauley race. I will start blogging on the 1st to track my efforts, which goes against the very sensible addage "train in private, race in public"

1: Boat > 120 days.
a. Paddle Cheat River Race.
b. Paddle Upper Yough Race.
c. Paddle Upper Gauley Race.
2: Bicycle > 180 days.
a. ride two 12 hour races.
i. Bakers Dozen.
ii. 12 Hours of Lodi.
b. ride two 24 hour races.
i. 24 Hours of Big Bear.
ii. 24 Hours of Moab.
3: Hit the gym > 200 days.
4: Drive my car < 200 days.
5: Drink alcohol < 100 days.
6: Work on my photo composition skills by taking a photo every day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
cinlind said:
1: Boat > 120 days.
a. Paddle Cheat River Race.
b. Paddle Upper Yough Race.
c. Paddle Upper Gauley Race.
2: Bicycle > 180 days.
a. ride two 12 hour races.
i. Bakers Dozen.
ii. 12 Hours of Lodi.
b. ride two 24 hour races.
i. 24 Hours of Big Bear.
ii. 24 Hours of Moab.
3: Hit the gym > 200 days.
4: Drive my car < 200 days.
5: Drink alcohol < 100 days.
6: Work on my photo composition skills by taking a photo every day.
i'm impressed.. :D

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Both skills and conditioning have improved over the last couple years, so hoping 2010 is another year to see how much father I can take it. I'd like to average at least 6 hours/week training time.... although given my schedule and personal life, it's probably a miracle I'm squeezing my 5+ hours/week average in now!

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
Make up for all the rides I didn't do over the past two years due to full time work and full time school!

Ride some of the trails on my "to do" list, e.g. Shulaps Range (BC), Thunder Mtn (Utah).

Bike commute to work at least once per week.

And most importantly, continue to have fun riding bikes! :)

·
Ultimate Slacker
49 Posts
My New Years Resolution is to ride like I did back in 07. Moving around a lot, and getting laid off really killed my spirit to ride a lot. Going to be more positive and optimistic this year. I will be definately be takng plenty of pictures this year.. Last resolution is to make some more riding buddies. :)

Me riding in Novemer this year.

Me riding on Christmas Day

My favorite riding partner and hubby to be on the Christmas day ride. :)

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
Bump.

We're a bit more than half way through the year and was curious how everyone's New Year's resolutions holding up? Lots of passion hits?

I looked back to see what I said:

Make up for all the rides I didn't do over the past two years due to full time work and full time school! Most definitely! Besides weekly local rides, road trips to date this year include Utah/CO; Rossland, BC; Galbraith, WA; Whistler & Pemberton several times. And this Friday it's off to the South Chilcotins/Whistler/Pemberton for a week (it never gets boring riding there :) .

Ride some of the trails on my "to do" list, e.g. Shulaps Range (BC) - unfortunately, a forest fire in that area has kaiboshed this ride for this year; Thunder Mtn - didn't have time to do this one on this year's trip.

Bike commute to work at least once per week. - well, at least a couple times per month.

And most importantly, continue to have fun riding bikes! Absolutely!

·
Registered
21 Posts
My resolutions are a mixed bag, but my resolution blog has been a good motivator. Very successful as far as health results. I have lost over 20lbs. My stamina is way up. Bike wise, I did my first 12 hour solo in May and was pleased, and excited to try again and improve- I think I really like solo endurance.
What I have done well is keeping my diet clean, and it gets easier and easer. What I am lacking in, is hitting my activities goals- but this is in part because I have been listening to my body, and at times I have been at the edge of getting sick from over training, so I have backed off. But yes, I have not biked or kayaked enough so far this year- too busy at work to do anything "epic". Probably not 'til December, but I am going to post before and after pictures, they are/will be dramatic!

http://worldkayakblogs.com/bombpop/

Cindy

·
Registered
93 Posts
cinlind said:
My resolutions are a mixed bag, but my resolution blog has been a good motivator. Very successful as far as health results. I have lost over 20lbs. My stamina is way up. Bike wise, I did my first 12 hour solo in May and was pleased, and excited to try again and improve- I think I really like solo endurance.
What I have done well is keeping my diet clean, and it gets easier and easer. What I am lacking in, is hitting my activities goals- but this is in part because I have been listening to my body, and at times I have been at the edge of getting sick from over training, so I have backed off. But yes, I have not biked or kayaked enough so far this year- too busy at work to do anything "epic". Probably not 'til December, but I am going to post before and after pictures, they are/will be dramatic!

http://worldkayakblogs.com/bombpop/

Cindy
You are making great progress, keep it up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.