Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its new years eve and i am set in front of my computer (all evening probably) on mtbr.Is that passion(or sad)!!! Music is getting good on the radio and i have ridden about 100 or so miles offroad in the past 5 days.I ACHE.

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
If that is how you want to spend NYE then good on you. To each their own. We should all post our biggest mtb related achievment (with pic or photo if you have one) of 2008. That'll keep you entertained for the night. Also, what is everyone's mtb related New Years resolution for 2009? I'll start.

I have two proud achievements from 2008. First off was riding the Amasa Back trail in Moab, Utah (rode from northern outskirt of Moab). There was a lot of climbing and I was proud of successfully riding the trail. Second, my biggest drop to date (about 4 maybe 5 feet to flat) which I did in Moab on the Porc Rim trail. See drop at 169.0s of the video below. My 2009 resolution is to ride at least one century.

http://www.pinkbike.com/v/29516/l/

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Best moment: all of it, I fell in love with training (i haven't hit the hammer for the 2009 season yet, so maybe that's why), loved roading, and learned a lot.

2009 achievement: race a lot, get podium finishes, and have fun while at it
i plan to improve dramatically my fitness level with my new knowledge and skills

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
726 Posts
Best 2008 achievment was getting serious about riding, dropping 20 lbs and competing in my first race.

2009 goals are to complete the Ididaride next month (55 miles) and to get a road bike so I can train more during the week to get faster on the trails.

·
Registered
114 Posts
2008 was pretty bitter-sweet for me.
On the one hand, I bought my dream bike after riding a Trek 7000 for 9 years. But over the summer I mucked up both my ankles pretty good (at different times), and sprained my finger which is still swollen and sore to this day.

For next fall, I hope to get into the Mountain Bike Operations program at Capilano University in BC, ride some kick-ass trails out there, maybe part-take in the BC bike race (never done a race before), and not endure any serious injuries.

Not exactly resolutions, but that's my take.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My favorite MTB moment was guiding a Mountain Bike Oregon group down the Alpine trail on my brand new Trance XO. With 15 riders pushing me to stay ahead of them it was a thrilling ride and very gratifying to hear the howls of fun and see the grins on the clients faces.

Good runners up any ride with the Disciples Of Dirt, my annual Waldo Lake ride, getting to ride Whypass once each season this year.

Dumbest move, driving all the way from the Oregon coast the the Mckenzie Rvr Trail before realizing my wheels were sitting in the garage at home, had a nice hike.

My goal for 09', ride my SS 29er at least once a week, I know it doesn't sound like much, but I like setting realistic goals and I'm old.

·
Registered
270 Posts
first off happy new year to everybody here.

my 2008 achievement was getting back in the saddle again after a 14 yr break

i quit smoking,slowed my drinking (still have a brew now and then).getting my fitness up was my main goal,along the way i found my love for the woods all over again.just being out there is like therapy for me (hard to put to words).went from 190 to 178lbs.went from klunking after a 4 mile ride to klunking after a 32 mile ride.i could bore you guys with more but i'll stop...all in all it was a super 2008 wife and kids are good,i'm ready to improve my fitness (get my legs to work) and try to squeeze in a decent fs x/c bike (santa if you read mtbr a sc superlight or c-dale rush would suffice).

most of all i would like to extend my thanks to all here on these forums for all the knowlege and expertise,for giving me info and laughs.

i wish for all the best 2009 can offer,and all the rides you can fit in between your busy lifes !! :thumbsup:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,548 Posts
So normally, I write a month by month highlight of the year.

Well for 2008, I rode with my Canon G9 a lot and I actually took pictures. So I just clicked a couple of buttons on Picasa and this slideshow video came out.

For 2009, I just hope it's half as good as 08.

fc

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Nice slideshow with a nice tune :thumbsup: Maybe for 2009 you could shoot some video footage?

·
Registered
312 Posts
2008 achievement:

doing my first mountainbike race: 24 hours of allamuchy - 2 man team. Also racing my first cyclocross season and going from DFL to midpack by the end of the season.

2009 goals:

get a top 10 CX finish and race my mtb way more

·
UF Engineering Slave
370 Posts
'08 Achievements:

1. Started mountain biking
2. Started XC racing
3. Joined the University of Florida cycling team
4. Got a top 25% (9th out of 43) finish in my first endurance race

Goals for this year:

1. Move up the the Men's A collegiate class for XC and STXC and goto Nationals(I was a middle of the pack B's racer last year)
2. Learn how to bunny hop
3. Learn how to jump
4. Become a competent at DH and dual slalom racer

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
achievements for '08:
recovered from fractured and compressed neck c1 and back t4,5 vertebrae and bad concussion.
then led a beginners mt. bike ride when the leader no showed and had the riders very excited about mt. bike riding!

goal: continue riding getting back in shape and finish healing my neck and back. riding is my therapy!

·
Motobey
276 Posts
Achievement for 08

My 2008 Achievement is:

Well, I destroyed my wal- mart Mongoose by riding it on my local trail.
Yeah, that's it.
I love it. :thumbsup:
I also lost 25lbs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.