Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nino has my hubs in and has thoughtfully sent me a tantalizing pic to torment me during the ship wait from Euroland. Still waiting for the Concorde saddle from Tune. The blue should go well with the Kona frame, no?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Blue cables...

i will get blue i-Link cablesets. these would also look sweet, wouldn't they ;)

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nino said:
I thought we already decided on the carbon Nokons?;)

·
Registered
934 Posts
I wonder if you can replace some of the rear suspension linkages with the carbon Storck linkages?

What rim/spokes do you plan on using. Pillar ti's would be nice :arf: :D

FWIW, my two cents, it would be nice to see someone use the NATEC mtb carbon cranks.

I look forward to the new build and I think the Fornales looks pretty dang intimidating :thumbsup:

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slobberdoggy said:
I wonder if you can replace some of the rear suspension linkages with the carbon Storck linkages?

What rim/spokes do you plan on using. Pillar ti's would be nice :arf: :D

FWIW, my two cents, it would be nice to see someone use the NATEC mtb carbon cranks.

I look forward to the new build and I think the Fornales looks pretty dang intimidating :thumbsup:
Those linkages look sweet. Thanks for the heads up on that. As for the wheelset it will basically be a carbon copy of my existing Tune/Stans set. Revos with Supercomps on the DS rear. Not very fancy but I have been very pleased with the perforrmance and stffness. The beauty also will be my ability to swap out wheels from one rig to the other with no recalibration for 24hr races and such. It will be really nice to have one wheelset set up with more of a mud tire and the other with Crows for good conditions. The crankset will be a bit different. I located a NOS Race Face Next LP in square taper off Ebay. I love this crankset. This will be my third Next LP but the first square taper- no more ISIS bearing issues.

·
Registered
742 Posts
specs for building your wheelset?

specs for hubs and rims to come up with lace paterns, you are using 355s wright?
I'm thinking about getting the same hubs and rims.
whats the price and turnaround shiped to the us for the hubs.
thanks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
nino said:
You can get Blue? I dismissed the I-link because there was no Blue. Lets see what they look like. I dismissed Nokon because you said they were crap even though they had Blue.

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4212darren said:
You can get Blue? I dismissed the I-link because there was no Blue. Lets see what they look like. I dismissed Nokon because you said they were crap even though they had Blue.
The Nokons are great but get the I-Link if you like that "shower hose" look.;) :D

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Limon said:
specs for hubs and rims to come up with lace paterns, you are using 355s wright?
I'm thinking about getting the same hubs and rims.
whats the price and turnaround shiped to the us for the hubs.
thanks.
I have no idea on that. I leave the wheel building to the professionals. Yes, I am using the 355 ZTRs as indicated in the pics;) :D The price is basically Chris King plus. The turn around time will be like a month cuz my saddle was backordered or something.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
shipping of hubs...

problem is that Tune is moving in another facility and in the meantime all orders take so much longer . they haven't been very fast prior to that but now exotic parts are a pain to get. usually i can get these parts within 2-7 daysthough and shipping to the US usually takes around 4-8 days.

greetings from the carribeans (Tobago):)

i have a great time on the beach...

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
greetings from the carribeans (Tobago):)

i have a great time on the beach...[/QUOTE]

Yes, the beach would be very nice about now. I have the flu and it has been below zero the last four days. On the bright side, I have a new set of rollers...sweet. OT, don't bother watching the '06 Giro-really boring. The '98 Giro was much better. I need more vids for the rollers............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.