Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Because you spelled it "Fose", you aren't allowed to get one.

j/k.

That's a tough one. Both are very expensive, very boutique bikes. I ride a Mono with the Curnutt shock - try to test ride one before you buy it. I'm not totally down with it, as it seems like it would be better for racing than freeriding. Its a very stiff shock, which translates to great pedaling - just not as plush as the DHX on the 303 would be.

To answer your question though: neither is better.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
What's a Fose? :ihih: I know about the Foes 2:1. I haven't ever ridden one, but I hear they are sick! I own a 303 and it's a great riding bike. The only thing is, it does require a little more maintenance to keep the rail system clean and running smooth. You have to clean it and keep it lubed. It has to be done after every full day of riding. Otherwise, the suspension can get sticky. I'd like to see a second generation have covers for the rail system to keep moisture and dirt out of it. I think it's also the perfect design for a gearbox in the future as well.
Other than that the bike is just crazy fast. It accelerates thru the rocky stuff like crazy and it wants to go faster and faster. I love mine.:thumbsup:

Here is a pic!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bpatterson6 said:
What's a Fose? :ihih: I know about the Foes 2:1. I haven't ever ridden one, but I hear they are sick! I own a 303 and it's a great riding bike. The only thing is, it does require a little more maintenance to keep the rail system clean and running smooth. You have to clean it and keep it lubed. It has to be done after every full day of riding. Otherwise, the suspension can get sticky. I'd like to see a second generation have covers for the rail system to keep moisture and dirt out of it. I think it's also the perfect design for a gearbox in the future as well.
Other than that the bike is just crazy fast. It accelerates thru the rocky stuff like crazy and it wants to go faster and faster. I love mine.:thumbsup:

Here is a pic!

:thumbsup: Wow! Nice bike. I've sold my 9point5 frame. I need a new frame. 303 look interesting but is it good for freeriding? How heavy is your bike?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
bpatterson6 said:
What's a Fose? :ihih: I know about the Foes 2:1. I haven't ever ridden one, but I hear they are sick! I own a 303 and it's a great riding bike. The only thing is, it does require a little more maintenance to keep the rail system clean and running smooth. You have to clean it and keep it lubed. It has to be done after every full day of riding. Otherwise, the suspension can get sticky. [.jpg[/IMG]
for that reason I would get the Foes.....don't need a rock, loose stick or something getting in their on a hard section (not likely but could happen)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
We built a couple of each of those bikes in '06. The Yeti definitely has a more mainstream DH feel, and the Foes is very unique. Both bikes ride better the faster you go, but the Foes needs to be going pretty fast to come into it's own. Both frames are a bit on the heavy side of DH. Both seem to be pretty durable, but the Yeti does require constant checking for loose bolts. The Yeti pedals pretty well while still being supple on the small stuff. The Foes pedals amazingly, but is rough on the small stuff.

If those were my choices I'd go for the Yeti if you want to race and the Foes if you want something truly unique.

Of course if it was my $$ I'd get a Ventana El Cuervo. :thumbsup:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
n8whitie said:
God Damn! That Foes makes my privates tingle. It looks so clean and confidence building.
heelll yeah....and they run 2 springs on the shock...a lighter one and heavier one

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
heelll yeah....and they run 2 springs on the shock...a lighter one and heavier one
Unfortunately Foes are not for the timid. Lessee......

2007 2:1 DHS Mono - $3199
Dual Rate Ti Spring Upgrade - $470
F1 XTD - $1999
$1000-$1500 for wheels, drivtrain, brakes, misc.

.......sigh.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
:madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

Look closely...."Dual rate spring". One spring, two different rates throughout the coil.

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Hey DHidiot, You going to Ellwood tomorrow? My phone somehow broke into 85 pieces so I cant call you until my girl gets home. I heard it was supposed to rain, let me know.
adios-N8

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
DHidiot said:
:madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

Look closely...."Dual rate spring". One spring, two different rates throughout the coil.
ha ha...youz lame...seen it first hand....2 springs back to back....heavy and a lighter one

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.