Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new XTR front derailleur on my medium 5S. The chain rubs on the inner plate of the FD when in the small ring up front and any of the largest 3 cogs in the rear. Even with the cable loose, the limit screw will not adjust the FD in far enough to clear the chain. Anyone else have this problem and figured out the solution (other than just pushing a bigger gear). I run an XT (splined BB) crank.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
JTP said:
I have a new XTR front derailleur on my medium 5S. The chain rubs on the inner plate of the FD when in the small ring up front and any of the largest 3 cogs in the rear. Even with the cable loose, the limit screw will not adjust the FD in far enough to clear the chain. Anyone else have this problem and figured out the solution (other than just pushing a bigger gear). I run an XT (splined BB) crank.
You may have considered this but...
Are you able to adjust the BB spacing? Maybe move it left 2-3mm?
Another thing you might try (if you haven't) is check to make sure the Fder isn't rotated or bent outboard at all. You could try to bend it a smidge as I've read others had to resort to that. Just make sure that you've set the height properly and that the swing arm does not hit the bottom back edge of the der at full travel. (y'know take the spring off the shock, remount it and see if it is obstructed.)

G'luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.