·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
weescott said:
New shiny bits coming out next year:

2011 XTR

2011 XO

I was thinking a replacement for the 970 XTR was due, wasn't expecting a complete X.0 overhaul though.

XTR looks like a 10 speed cassette.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Pics of the new XTR stuff was on STW and other sites and the threads kept getting deleted apparently.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,366 Posts
Great! More stuff that's too expensive for me. The Man's keeping me down with all of this new, unaffordable technology. If it wasn't for all those pesky intellectual property rights, somebody could make this stuff and sell it for a fraction of what those evil companies are charging.

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Even if those protos aren't final, and even if I can't afford them, both of them grouppos are making my pants tighter.

Can't quite tell, but looks to be 2x10 options for both? If so how does that jive with XX for Sram?

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Losing a lot of low end gearing on the doubles, I like my 22/34 10 hours into a ride on climbs :(

·
Registered
456 Posts
Shifter lever on the XO says 10 speed.

Man, that's looking good especially in all black.

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
913 Posts
For the moment..Fugly..

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Both look disapointing imo

XTR looks like a road group but then its XC heritage so not surprising there probably a good fit! 09 stuff Shimano was looking pretty good even in my eyes lol.

X0 also looks backward step to me, I hope 9spd continues to get the evolution it deserves, more does not mean better, gearing can be just as good if chosen wisely, and this will rule out or make difficult med cage and def short cage rear Ds not that many would go there probably!

MTB continues to bring out stuff of no benefit instead of improvements but then there is no real profits to be had there ya can't trick people into buying unless its new or touted as innovative!

Where's the light weight internal read hubs to match Hammerschidt etc etc Just more of the same old same old, 2 x ? or 2 by 10 is not new, Dynasys sounds like something out of Greek mythology:rolleyes:

I don't quite see where Sram is going with this either, have they run out of idea's?

More of the same, 10spd will be far more sensitive to crap on the trail than 9spd, it took quite a few years for 9spd to match Shimano's 8spd quality and then it remains to be seen if it did, Sram 1:1 certainty made it worth while in the end.

Most people don't gear there bikes properly they stick with what came on there OEM rig and by that experience stay with it no matter what.

Seems the only way corporate companies and most American ones though not the only guilty ones can make money is to make more of the same and just increase the numbers, seems the economic melt down hasn''t hit MTByet though the amount of LBS here that have closed recently in the last year would say otherwise:rolleyes:

Because ya can;t rock up to buy stock in an LBS now because the same message I get told is we can't stock everything there's too many options, so why the hell, ya might as well order online get it sooner have decent service and not have to chase people up, I can;t even go and get a 9spd road cassette anymore without ordering it WTF.

The Bike industry is killing itself slowly!:confused:

I think I'm having a rant day, sorry in advance, just peaves me off when ya want to support people and companies and they c r a p back on yer then expect loyalty, loyalty is a 2 way relationship something that in the new Millennium seems to be forgotten by many!

Donate to Haiti! I have that was my road cassette, doing that instead of buying this crap will make ya feel better too:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts