Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Skareb Super..
I like the fork, but its time to hand it down to my brother and get a new one.

They stoped making the skareb to the best of my knowlege..

I like fox, but they break a lot and the support sucks, I hate rock shoxx so don't bother with those. Im open for any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can start by saying what you liked and disliked about the Skareb.

If weight is a concern, you might want to try the Manitou R7. Just like your Skareb but stiffer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, things that i like are the weight, and the point that i basically have had to do nothing to it. I like the R7's but they are brand new, which worries me a little bit. I'd like to have techtronic however you spell it, but thats the last thing that i want. I used it for xc racing. Thanks

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Id recommend a Marzocchi Marathon, or for those on a budget, the MX. Im riding a MX ETA 120 and am impressed with the performance, esp. in a $200 fork.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pokemon87654 said:
I have an 04 Skareb Super..
I like the fork, but its time to hand it down to my brother and get a new one.

They stoped making the skareb to the best of my knowlege..

I like fox, but they break a lot and the support sucks, I hate rock shoxx so don't bother with those. Im open for any suggestions. Thanks.
The R7's are great super stiff & doesnt flex like the skareb forks. Get the R7 Platinum if you want the SPV but the super level is enough. They are lighter than the skareb though so get the R7's now. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts