Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a double post, I hope the moderators don't mind but I had to post it here also. I just took her home yesterday and the bike is great and when I get pics, I'll post them. I don't see any issues with the new design as some have stated. Jamis makes nothing but quality. You don't really feel the bikes weight and is the smoothest riding bike I've ever been on. She weighed in at 31 pounds. I don't think that's too bad considering it's a AM bike.

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
31lbs?! Really? That seems pretty heavy for a $2800 bike, even an all mountain ride. I wonder if the Vice cockpit parts are bit overkill....some carbon bits and an upgraded wheelset could certainly get you close to 28-29. Anyway, great looking bike!!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kkjellquist said:
31lbs?! Really? That seems pretty heavy for a $2800 bike, even an all mountain ride. I wonder if the Vice cockpit parts are bit overkill....some carbon bits and an upgraded wheelset could certainly get you close to 28-29. Anyway, great looking bike!!

Enjoy!
That was 31lbs with the clip pedals. With the platforms I had put on, that will be an extra 1 pound. I' I'm not to worried aboutit, my conditioning will more than make up for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.