Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The part that goes against the drop out and adjusts the distance between the derailleur and the cassette is different. Not the limit screws. Don't know how it goes on. Did I need to order specific derailleur for Titus X drop out.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the blow up above,the B tension screw screws against that pointed piece and the bent 90 degree tab rests on the drop out, just like my old one. My new X7 does not have the pointed piece to screw into it only has the 90 degree bent tab. Even the pic of the derailleur on the website I bought looks like the pic above, but not mine. Went ahead and installed last night with the bent tab resting on the drop out and tensioner screwed into that. Will try to get pics for everyone to better explain.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pics for explanation

First pic is the old X7 piece. 2nd and 3rd are pics of the newX7 hanger tab and 4th pic is how I mounted it for test ride to see if it would work. Any idea guys if this will work? Bought it online but can return it if it's wrong. Seems to be shifting good with it mounted like this but it makes me nervous. Don't want to rip it off again and wreck my spokes. Everything is a little different on this one. Including the angle of the tension screw and the angle of the cable.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To answer my own question this is a 7,8 or 9 speed compatible X7 derailleur not just a 9 speed. It is probably older also. I bought it on line and thought the silver looked better than the black and it was cheaper. CHEAP should have clued me in but we all love a bargain.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,730 Posts
00sable said:
...this is a 7,8 or 9 speed compatible X7 derailleur not just a 9 speed.
The majority of derailleurs are
6 and 5 speed compatible too!

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
They jacked with the X.9 for 2010 too.

I liked the way the 2008 x.9 I had shifted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts