Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know it would eventually have to come to this.
Ok I will start....
2020 Specialized Levo Comp Sl Carbon size M 33.5 lbs (15.25 kilos) complete and RTR !

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
How? I see your on an SL.
How did you remove 5-6#s?
I do think it's awesome to get an e-bike to basically a normal bike weight, well done.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Weight Weenie parts and a high torque motor don't seem like they would make a good match. Unless you are like most hardcore weight weenies and just weigh your bike instead of riding it.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I bet at least 2 lbs came from different tires
I think the SL is cool but the 34mm fork indicates that weight was the priority over performance.
I'm more impressed by the 42# full power 36mm forked Crafty personally.
Still, I dream of using high end parts to create a rad and light e-bike.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
You know it would eventually have to come to this.
Ok I will start....
2020 Specialized Levo Comp Sl Carbon size M 33.5 lbs (15.25 kilos) complete and RTR !
Well, why don't you follow the unwritten weight weenies convention. You publish a photo of the bike on a scale, and you publish the list of the parts & weights.

Shaving 6 pounds from the Levo Comp SL would take some doing ... but if you can show how an electric bike can get to the same ballpark of many low-end enduro bikes it would be very interesting

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys but true, my homes is in contract now. I tried to post my ww build. But after an hour trying to post pictures first on this page I gave up.
I did a 30 mile xc ride today with jumps, big climbs and rutted downhills and finished with 6 bars of power left! This thing runs forever and let my 67 yr old ass stay in the "A" group the entire ride.

·
Thicc Member
1,029 Posts
So now in every forum we will have to sift through these motorcycle threads to find the real bicycle threads. How unfortunate.

·
Registered
462 Posts
he kept up with the "A" group for the whole ride!!! good job.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts