Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with the new update to the Lupine Betty it looks like the Wilma got another make-over.
New front bezel ring, pcs switch mounted on the light body and 17W @ 920 Lumens now...?

LINK

·
Registered
408 Posts
But this is only the first half of the good (albeit quite old) news, if you know a little German you must also be aware of this:
"Es kommt noch eine ganz neue Einsteiger Lupine, ganz anderes Leuchtmittel ( natürlich auch LED ) , um die 700 Lumen und um die 300 Euro. Und von der weiss auch Veloplus noch nichts."

Even if your German is not that good the two numbers are kinda obvious :) Autumn's gonna look like interesting again...Can't wait...

·
*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
radirpok said:
But this is only the first half of the good (albeit quite old) news, if you know a little German you must also be aware of this:
"Es kommt noch eine ganz neue Einsteiger Lupine, ganz anderes Leuchtmittel ( natürlich auch LED ) , um die 700 Lumen und um die 300 Euro. Und von der weiss auch Veloplus noch nichts."

Even if your German is not that good the two numbers are kinda obvious :) Autumn's gonna look like interesting again...Can't wait...
okay, as I read it...
A new 700 Lumen light from Lupine for around € 300.
Now that will be interesting.

Release date for the New Wilma is September 2008.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I like the switches just the way they are.:) It also seems like they take away some of the heatsink area by putting the switch there. I wonder if it will not dissipate heat as well as the older style Wilmas b/c of this.

·
*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MaximusHQ said:
I like the switches just the way they are.:) It also seems like they take away some of the heatsink area by putting the switch there. I wonder if it will not dissipate heat as well as the older style Wilmas b/c of this.
I do as well, that was one of the features I really liked about the Betty 6 and Wilma 6 when I bought them.

I wonder if the PCS will be affected by the heat generated.
Maybe this is just another option for the Wilma, with or without remote PCS switch.

·
Bodhisattva
10,866 Posts
MaximusHQ said:
That's a valid point. But if nothing else, Lupine is meticulous and thoughtful in their design so I'm sure they've taken the heatsink issue into consideration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.