Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
innate behaviour
116 Posts
ss29er said:
I inherited my son's older black Jabber after we replaced it with a new white one. His is lighter than mine 21.7:thumbsup:
Sweet bike! Couple of questions:

1. Any issues running QR on horizontal dropouts?

2. How do you align the disc so there is no rub on the pads w/o guides?

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
21 pounds?

Man I hope mine is that light,I was told more like 24 and my build kit is much more pimp than that one( Sorry not trying to offend ) That white JW is very very sweet..My I9's got shipped that week my bike should be done by mid week. Good luck..CF..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jet9n8 said:
Sweet bike! Couple of questions:

1. Any issues running QR on horizontal dropouts?

2. How do you align the disc so there is no rub on the pads w/o guides?

Thanks!
1. No problem.

2. There are alignment screws built into the drop outs that do a fine job of keeping the wheel in place:thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CRAZY FRED said:
Man I hope mine is that light,I was told more like 24 and my build kit is much more pimp than that one( Sorry not trying to offend ) That white JW is very very sweet..My I9's got shipped that week my bike should be done by mid week. Good luck..CF..
It's built with some light parts, wheels 1680g, ti seat post and bb. The little things all add up ( or don't add up;) )

I hope we will get to see pictures of your "pimp" build:thumbsup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
damn I'm always so happy with my Monocog until the Jabberwocky's start popping up. Nice bikes everyone. Love the fork on your sons bike.

7 Days. I love that red chain and it would look sweet on my bike but I will never ever have the skills to pimp a red chain on my bike. NICE!

·
Registered
3 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
What are they and where did you get them? Great bike.enjoy...CF...
They're Blunts. I think they're a new production run because the decals are much smaller and classy than the ones I'd seen before.

I've read some nasty stuff about Blunts on mtbr recently, kinda worried I won't like them. I only weigh 180lbs. so hopefully they'll be stiff and durable enough.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Is it hard to lift the front end on those bikes? I would think the long chainstays combined with the 29'er wheel would make it really difficult to wheelie and bunny hop that bike. Stable as all heck though when the trail turns downhill I bet.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
dumbaSS said:
Is it hard to lift the front end on those bikes? I would think the long chainstays combined with the 29'er wheel would make it really difficult to wheelie and bunny hop that bike. Stable as all heck though when the trail turns downhill I bet.
I personally haven't had any trouble with wheelie-ing/bunny-hopping the bike. Although that probably has to do with how light it is. The long chainstays do make climbing awesome though. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.