Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've ordered a set of No Tubes ZTR Race wheels for use on my '06 Scott Scale 20. I've got the stock Shimano XT/XTR drivetrain on there and I'm wondering if all the parts will drop right in. I have the tools for removing the cassette and a new pair of rotors for the ZTRs (the stock wheels used the Centerlock rotors). AFAIK, this should be a fairly straightforward swap, yes? Anything I should be aware of when swapping a wheelset?

Thank you,

- jason

·
himom!
684 Posts
The new wheelset will probably need to be adjusted after a few rides as it "settles in". Otherwise, no worries. Just clean you cassette and chain when you remove them. It's a lot easier to do that when they're separated from the bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I got the wheelset and have everything installed. Just had to adjust the brakes a little bit and they work very well. As far as adjusting the wheels goes, does that involve tightening the nipples? If so, how should I go about doing so?

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.