Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at some Specialized Roval Control Trail 29 which have a 15mm through axle in the front. I was reading some information that some 15mm wheels are not compatible with the 9mm to 15mm adapters. Does anyone know if these Rovals will work?

Thanks,

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice looking wheels and the price/weight is pretty darn good. I just ordered a set of SunRingle Chargers at a price I couldn't say no to or I would have looked at this too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were taken off a new bike and the guy swapped out the wheels immediately. I got him down to $150. I think I got a steal.

·
Registered
596 Posts
They were taken off a new bike and the guy swapped out the wheels immediately. I got him down to $150. I think I got a steal.
:eekster: no "think" about it - you did. Well done!

ETA: If I'm reading the specs on both wheelsets right, yours are nearly a whole pound lighter for $50 less than I paid for the Chargers. :madman:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And he already had them with 9mm adapters too! I got the front on last night but I don't know how to take off the cassette on the rear. I think I'm going to need to take it to an LBS. But definitely felt a huge difference right off the bat on my short ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if the specs are the same as I think it came off of a 2012 model bike since the sticker is slightly different than on the Specialized website. But the rim and hubs look identical. Or maybe the wheels on the bike have a different sticker than if buying the wheels aftermarket. Not sure. I'm taking the rear today to get weighed at the LBS before installing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts