Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new bike yesterday(yeti 575) and it came with Mavic xm519 rims and High Roller tires. I love the rims but the tires are kinda wimpy looking for desert riding(las vegas, bootleg canyon xc).

Im looking for any suggestions for front / rear tire combos. I usually run a 2.3 in the front and at least a 2.1 in the rear.

Also, can I just run regular tire/tubes on these rims?

Im new to the tubeless world so lots of questions:)

Shawn

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Redmon said:
Bought a new bike yesterday(yeti 575) and it came with Mavic xm519 rims and High Roller tires. I love the rims but the tires are kinda wimpy looking for desert riding(las vegas, bootleg canyon xc).

Im looking for any suggestions for front / rear tire combos. I usually run a 2.3 in the front and at least a 2.1 in the rear.

Also, can I just run regular tire/tubes on these rims?

Im new to the tubeless world so lots of questions:)

Shawn
519s are not tubeless rims. All Mavic UST rim numbers start with "8".

Standard tire quick list:
  • Kenda Blue Groove / Nevegal 2.10/2.35
  • Kenda Cortez 2.4
  • Nokian NBX 2.3
  • Panaracer Cinder 2.25
  • Intense CC 2.25
  • Hutchinson Spider 2.1/2.3
  • Schwalbe Albert/Fat Albert 2.25/2.35
  • Conti Gravity ProTection 2.3

·
Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
380 Posts
Avoid the Nokians at Bootleg

Hope you didn't buy the Nokians yet. I ride the same places as you (Bootleg and Cottonwood and also Utah and Arizona). I had the Nokian NBX 2.1 rear, and NBX 2.3 on front (except both were not UST). I shredded the rear in less than 2 months. The front lasted a few more months before the lugs started ripping off. Terrain here is not good for these tires. Save your money. When I was talking to some of the kids up at boulder, I noticed they were running the Nevegals. They said they liked them but I don't know how they last. Geax Sturdys hold up well here. Some people like the Mutanoraptors here but I don't like how they pick up rocks. I'm now running a Sturdy 2.1 rear and Yellow Kirin 2.3 in front. I'll try the Kirin for the first time this weekend.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too late! They should be here in a day or two. I guess I'll give them a go. If they suck it wont be the first set of tires in my garage that have only seen a few runs,

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.