Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a 2017 Niner RLT steel. Great bike and very nice. It was the 2 star build with Apex 1/11 gearing and Niner wheels. I am very happy with this bike but of course I might want to start to upgrade and first would be the wheels. I have no problem with the wheels and they are but I'd like to look around for a lighter faster set in the future. I am on a low budget and also around 210 lb so I need a good solid set of wheels. Basic gravel riding and I'm not hard on parts. I just need wheels to look at for now, any information would be great.

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Niner wheels on this model are a Niner branded set of axles, 32 spoke. I haven't put them on a scale but I would be looking for lighter set of wheels. This wheelset really seems nice for the price point of the bike. This was the 2 star build with Sram Apex parts. I'll look at the sites you sent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same bike and went with WTB KOM i21 TCS and love them. Wide, modern wheels. I suspect the Hunt's are similar. I'd get someone to build up the i21s with nice spokes and depending on where you live, appropriate hubs (I generally go light and buy inexpensive, light chinese hubs, but that's just budget constraint).

I just looked and now they have the KOM Light and KOM Tough -- maybe the KOM Light in 21 width (internal) is similar?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts