Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got me's some new wheels..
DTswiss single speed on DT 4.1d rims. It took a while deciding which rims to spend the money on and this is my first High Dollar set of rims, so far I like them. They are light and seem to be pretty durable so far, still to early to tell fo sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
teamdicky said:
Are you going with the DT tubeless kit? How'd you like the 6 bolt disc adapters? Any pics of those?
I do not have a tubeless kit, yet. (slime tubes, usefull in the desert) I am looking into getting a tubless kit soon.

I like the 6 bolt disc adapter a lot. When taking off the allen screws on the old hubs(Spot), they took a lot of torque getting them off. Now I can take the rotors off pretty easy with the adapter, not that I will be switching them out anytime soon.

I will try to get some pics of the adapter side.

·
Category Winner
6,131 Posts
Not that you need to worry about it

I like the 6 bolt disc adapter a lot. When taking off the allen screws on the old hubs(Spot), they took a lot of torque getting them off. Now I can take the rotors off pretty easy with the adapter, not that I will be switching them out anytime soon.

When I remove torx/disc brake bolts I use a rear axle slid over the end of the tool. The extra leverage makes it easier to break the bolts loose without rounding out the head.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
teamdicky said:
When I remove torx/disc brake bolts I use a rear axle slid over the end of the tool. The extra leverage makes it easier to break the bolts loose without rounding out the head.
Ya, I would use a big long bar for taking of the free wheel for extra leverage. I am so glad I won't be needing to do that anymore. Taking off free wheels for me was a pain in the booty.

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
I have a similar back up set of wheels - DT 4.1d/SuperCompSpokes/DT Oynx hubs (non ss - but converted with spacers). I really like mine alot. I set mine up with the DT tubeless kit right away and they pumped right up and never dropped a pound so far... unlike the XM819 wheels I have on the SS... the front one, no matter the tire drops pressure in a week. Looks like I'll be adding some sealant to the XM819's soon.

FF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.