Pros:
love the vids
easy to navigate
graphically simple & pleasing

Cons:
slow loading home page
optional colors shown but not standard
"Close Detail" link doesn't seem to do anything
A brief description of the bike & Intended use would likely be helpful to those not too familiar with the lineup.

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
turnerover said:
I really dislike the colors. Overall, the website looks like it was done by a highschool or college web devolping entrepreneur. I really like the vids, that 6pack video looks like what my 5 Spot gets put through ;). The fork recommendation thing is annoying how it disappears after however many seconds. Navigation is a lot better than it used to be, but it isn't good once you go to a given frame model, all the info shortcuts are non-intuitive. I knew the videos were there and I couldn't find them for a while. The details are very non-intuitive, hard to figure out what that faded stuff is on bottom left in the beginning. I would also like to see better presentation of the frames. Since this whole site is flash, which it really doesn't need to be, given how "interactive" it is, might as well have 3D spin arounds, more angles of the frames, show the custom colors on the frame, etc. Finally, the text is hard to read with pictures in the background.

_MK

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Dislikes
* I would like to see the optional colors shown on the frame when clicked
* Red on black backgound is very eye straining
* Close detail needs to be more like the Answer/Manitou site with the ability to zoom over the entire frame.

* Videos are cool

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
I like it better than the old site. But I think they should go with a Cheech and Chong theme. I like the videos.

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
oly said:
is this just a mozillz/firefox issue?
It might be, depending on version, however, it is a flash plugin, so I don' t see why browser would have impact on display.. I had no issues anyhow. The "Close Detail" thing is tricky because if you don't have a detail open and hover over it, the mouse turns to a hand, indicating a link and when you click nothing happens, only after I figured out what the 4 pictures were on bottom left, did the function close detail become apparent. At any rate, it displays fine.

I think this website lacks sophistication which is found in the Turner product.

_MK

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I definately don't get the look in Oly's pic.

The site seem to load fast enough...lightning compared to MTBR:rolleyes:
Seems readable enough but I'd like something brighter than the red. But there's not much of it anyway.

The only snag I saw was the shock/fork popup window fades away automatically. I'd rather close it when I'm ready.

It would be slick to see the frames in the optional colors.

Mee likey videos.

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
Can someone tell me what the green 12-18" sticker on the top tube of the 5 spot says??? I hadn't seen that one before.

Other than that, I agree with those who have said that the red lettering/lines on black was tough to look at. Simple white/black would be better. And the fork info should open in a new small window as opposed to closing after 5 seconds. Hard to read the MSRP with the outline font too. Would be nice to be able to change the frame colors by clicking on the color swatches above the frame pic.

So what does that say on the long sticker on the 5 spot pic??? Anyone?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So we appreciate all of the feedback so far and honestly will consider every thing which has been said. Load time seems to vary quite a bit, my guess is due to connection. Some have viewed it and loads almost immediately, others it took a bit including my computer. As for the colors, well it is alot like the frames really. We choose them based on what we thought looked good. Not everyone has to like it. We do realize there is quite a few holes inthe site and much like the last one, we will work to close those holes as quickly as possible. Keep in mind, should we choose to not use your suggestion, it is by no means a personal attack on you. Simply see it as an instance where we agree to disagree.

So thanks again, as you see more or want more let us know!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Needs more flames and hot chix.

Oh wait, the guys down the street from you already got that covered. :D

Edit: nevermind..they changed their website too. :(

·
It's a Turner!
528 Posts
Tcheezy - how do you like Firefox on the Mac? I use it on my PC but I haven't tried it on the Mac because I've been happy with Safari.

tscheezy said:
Mine looks fine. I think it is a good effort though I still hate Flash with a passion. As viewed by Firefox on my iBook:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.