Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
You might be twisted mentally, but I want to twist you physically!

Little late to the party man....already a thread about the pos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mongoose Vinson,,???

How long has this been out...??

Navigate through all terrain with the Mongoose® Adult Vinson Mountain Bike. Equipped with a durable aluminum frame and 26 x 4 oversized wheels, the Vision delivers a high action ride whether you're biking on sand or snow. Features 24 speed Sram X4 drivetrain and dual disc mechanical brakes for crisp power and confident braking.
Click here to learn more about Free In-Store Bike Assembly

FEATURES:

Wheel Size: 26"
Frame: Aluminum
Fork: Aluminum
Rear Shock: NA
Headset: 1 1/8" A-Head
Cranks: Alloy 170mm 22/30/40
Bottom Bracket: 100mm sealed bearing Square taper
Front Derailleur: Alivio E-Type
Rear Derailleur: Sram X4
Cog Set: 12-32 8spd
Shifter: Sram X4
Chain: Sram X4
Hub (F): 135mm QR Alloy Disc
Hub (R): 190mm QR Alloy Disc
Spokes: Stainless
Rims: 100mm Alloy with 35mm holes
Tires: 26x4 Veerubber Mission Command 72tpi
Brakes: 180mm front 160mm rear mech disc
Brake Levers: alloy
Pedals: resin platform
Handlebar: Alloy 700mm with 31.8 clamp
Grips: Mongoose
Stem: Alloy
Seat: Mongoose
Seat Post: Alloy
Extras: Colored rim strip
Style: R7900
Mongoose

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
How long has this been out...??

Navigate through all terrain with the Mongoose® Adult Vinson Mountain Bike. Equipped with a durable aluminum frame and 26 x 4 oversized wheels, the Vision delivers a high action ride whether you're biking on sand or snow. Features 24 speed Sram X4 drivetrain and dual disc mechanical brakes for crisp power and confident braking.
Click here to learn more about Free In-Store Bike Assembly

FEATURES:

Wheel Size: 26"
Frame: Aluminum
Fork: Aluminum
Rear Shock: NA
Headset: 1 1/8" A-Head
Cranks: Alloy 170mm 22/30/40
Bottom Bracket: 100mm sealed bearing Square taper
Front Derailleur: Alivio E-Type
Rear Derailleur: Sram X4
Cog Set: 12-32 8spd
Shifter: Sram X4
Chain: Sram X4
Hub (F): 135mm QR Alloy Disc
Hub (R): 190mm QR Alloy Disc
Spokes: Stainless
Rims: 100mm Alloy with 35mm holes
Tires: 26x4 Veerubber Mission Command 72tpi
Brakes: 180mm front 160mm rear mech disc
Brake Levers: alloy
Pedals: resin platform
Handlebar: Alloy 700mm with 31.8 clamp
Grips: Mongoose
Stem: Alloy
Seat: Mongoose
Seat Post: Alloy
Extras: Colored rim strip
Style: R7900
Mongoose
I bought mine on black friday . After waiting for months for a Framed Alaskan . I decided to get something i could ride now. Bike is great. I have about 70 miles or so and its been great.

·
Registered
327 Posts
the specs say 35 pounds. On my bath scale i came up with 36 pounds. but if you change out tire and went tubeless it would drop a few. I ride with guys that have Salsa carbon bear grease and Spec fatboy's and farley. And the bike has more then held its own . and the fit and finish is remarkable for the price.

·
Registered
288 Posts
the specs say 35 pounds. On my bath scale i came up with 36 pounds. but if you change out tire and went tubeless it would drop a few. I ride with guys that have Salsa carbon bear grease and Spec fatboy's and farley. And the bike has more then held its own . and the fit and finish is remarkable for the price.
Thanks Aaron,

Do you have specifics on the brakes? All I see is that they are mechanical. Are they no-name or Tektro? Also, did you check if the tire is a wire or folding bead?

I'm looking to pick up one of these to give to a relative of mine for Christmas, but would like some more details before I buy it.

Thank you,

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tires are wire bead 72 TPI they are the new version of the mission called mission command. The Brakes are a no name mechanical. I will say they work fine . Honestly the bike now has around a 100 miles and has needed no adjustments . I am a 230 pound rider and have been riding mountain bikes for over 20 years and this bike is alot of bike for the money i would not hesitate to buy another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts