Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
679 Posts
mergs said:
Bob W and the Chain Gang crew finished up walkways through a perpetually wet section of Deer Path.

More info here: http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=197

Also, if anyone happens to take any shots of them, please PM me, I'd like to post photos of the work the crew did! :cool:
Jeff,

I have photos. Will get them to you over the weekend.

Bob W.

· Registered
181 Posts
Looking Good

I rode there yesterday - the walkways were greatly appreciated. I can remember dropping off of the end of the existing plank bridge of old into a foot of mud and a dead stop, so the extension is great.

Thanks to those that have been working to make the Allamuchy Area the place to ride in north NJ.

Mike

· Registered
437 Posts
Thanks Bob and everyone that worked on this. There have definitely been a few occasions where I've ended up derailleur-deep in swamp funk at that very spot. Maybe now I won't have to lug around extra water for on-trail bike washing!

· Registered
54 Posts
Brendan said:
Bob and Gang,
Nice work on the walkway. Definite improvement. Hmmmm... Looks like a JORBA chapter can get something done without a lot of BS!
Brendan
At the All-A-Muchy race I stopped at some point for a snack break, and some guy, checking to see if I was OK, noticed my Chain Gang jersey and thanked me for the Allamuchy trails. I was all like, "You're welcome dude. Yeah, we rule!" but I was really wishing we were more involved up there, so we could actually deserve the thanks we've gotten...

Credit where it's due: I'd guess that the majority of the work at Allamuchy, from liason with the park, to planning & mapping, to the actual hewing of wood & digging of diversion ditches, has been done by Bob W (thanks Bob!), but he's had help from a crew of people who regularly ride there & give back there too.

Hey Bob, privacy may be an issue, but do you think you could post stats of people and hours, either here or over at the JORBA site, let your crew get recognition for their efforts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.