Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My daughters fairly new Vitus is leaking air from the rear tire (tire goes completely flat within 1 hour). I sprayed soapy water on the tire and noticed bubbles coming from the sidewall. Is that possible?

Any tips on the best/easiest way to change the tire tube? Does the wheel need to be removed to change the tire tube? Should I just find a local bike shop to fix? They have the following tires:
  • Schwalbe Nobby Nic 26" x 2.25", Performance, Addix
Thank you!

· Registered
4,070 Posts
From the question you asked, and the way you asked it, my sincere, and serious advice is that you should take it to a shop to have it fix.

Or if anyone that remotely looks like a regular rider in your neighborhood, ask them to fix a flat tire for you. Most anyone will do it as a good neighbor.

Is it set up tubeless or with tube? No shame if you dont know. We have all been beginner once. Still, just take it to a bike shop. (Target or Walmart bike deparment is not a bike shop…incase that crossed your mind). If the tires are set up tubeless and you have sealant, the light grey/off white liquid inside, you need to go for a ride after you pump it up so the sealant seals all the small pores. And just in case…by ride, I mean a vigorous effort pedaling for good 15-30 minutes.

I almost wish I can jump on a zoom call with you and fix it for you remotely. Done that with a few beginner friends lately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.