Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a link the video I made of my ride on Amasa Back (Moab) today. Make sure your speakers are cranked, cause the soundtrack (Coheed and Cambria - Ten Speed of God's Blood and Burial) is rockin. I give you "Rockin Descents Vol. 1: Amasa Back" (now deinterlaced):

NEW HIGHER QUALITY VERSION!

http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=132272

Rockin Descents Volume One: Amasa Back, Moab on Vimeo

My buddy Max bailed on me, so it was just me riding today. Gotta say, he missed out big! The weather in Moab was down right heavenly compared to what we have been getting on the Western Slope. The Amasa Back ride usually takes me about an hour or so, but today it took about 5 cause I had to ride every section twice on the downhill. First I had to ride down and set up the camera, then I had to run up and bomb down. Watch the 5-Spot tame the gnar-gnar! All shots in the video are normal speed, cause slow motion is stupid!

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,120 Posts
Looks like fun. If only I lived on the western slope.

NoahColorado said:
cause slow motion is gay!
BTW, the Homers are a politically correct group, and so being choose to spell that word differently ("ghey" instead of "gay") so as not to offend any sensitive types. :thumbsup:

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Pinch said:
Looks like fun. If only I lived on the western slope.

BTW, the Homers are a politically correct group, and so being choose to spell that word differently ("ghey" instead of "gay") so as not to offend any sensitive types. :thumbsup:
thanks [email protected]:D

Yeah man you need to find the de-interlace option when you go to render your videos. On my version of premiere pro it's in the post encoding tasks listed in the export options window.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I can tell that took a lot of time and effort. Nicely done.:thumbsup:

You've conviced me to supplement my own helmet cam footage with footage off the bike. Looking forward to the next volume.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clyde S Dale said:
I can tell that took a lot of time and effort. Nicely done.:thumbsup:

You've conviced me to supplement my own helmet cam footage with footage off the bike. Looking forward to the next volume.
Thanks Cdale..:thumbsup:

Yeah, I think helmet cam footage looks slow and doesn't show terrain very well. It's def. better when there is a rider in front, otherwise you don't know whats going on. I was really happy with the way the video turned out, considering I am pretty novice. The Adobe software makes things pretty easy. I had always wanted to shoot something like that on Amasa Back, cause it is perfect for it - being so open and all. The shooting took awhile but the editing only like an hour. I did it all today, that ride was this afternoon (wed.).

·
Registered
57 Posts
NC - Great video, the low angle front and rear photography dramatically depicts the terrain and your descending speed.

Did you every upgrade you’re Spot with a Pike? I have been on a Revelation for about a year now, I like the adjustability, but wish it was a little stiffer laterally.

Best - Kegbert1

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Dude... don't DO THIS to me!!!
I just got a handle on doing solo timer stills...now I gotta learn a whole new media? fock!

Nice eye for angles and framing Noah.:thumbsup:

It's gotta be tough to shoot solo in the woods though. very short line-of-sight....thinking, thinking.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,722 Posts
NoahColorado said:
Thanks CC,

Hopefully things will thaw out here soon so I can make Volume 2. I already have a couple ideas.
Thanks for the entertainment, it made my day.:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.