Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New v10 in this months MBUK magazine being sported by steve peat

similar ot the current one but 1lb lighter, neater monocoque part, carbon bridge, and a sleaker looking hump

did not say if would ever be available to us mortals - but it is out there....

must try and scan you folks a picture

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
munkyboy said:

similar ot the current one but 1lb lighter, neater monocoque part, carbon bridge, and a sleaker looking hump

nice!
i would imagine that it's quite the process to change the monocoque. i doubt they would do that as a one-off. i bet we'll see these improvements trickle into production.:thumbsup:

i heart my v10...that bike rules.

·
Registered
18 Posts
munkyboy said:

pls scan & post a picture!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Differences look subtle...

Wow thanks for scanning and posting! The changes don't look all that drastic which IMO is a good thing. Almost hard-pressed to see much difference in the pictures. The top-tube looks a bit sleeker for increased stand-over height.

Peaty's v10 was featured in the latest mb action magazine and he said:

"This thing will soak up anything that you can throw at it...the factory has some stuff in works for us to test in 07' - just think carbon little bits, maybe top links, or something like that. It's going to be full factory..."

I really do appreciate how Santa Cruz doesn't have model years for their frames. They take the if-it-ain't-broke approach. The v10 honestly is as close to perfection as it can get. Any improvements would be quite subtle so no surprise there. I hope any changes they make other than weight shaving are changes to the hardware that we can retro-fit to our bikes for a reasonable cost once its time to over-haul. This bike is a classic and classics stand the test of time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.