Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the E100 in Park City, Utah? Great race, phenomenal trails, the event just simply didn't live on. Well, endurance mountain bike racing is back in Park City, Utah.
Text White Font Graphics

It might be the first, but it won't be the last. Introducing the very first Park City Point 2 Point endurance mountain bike race. Park City has over 300 miles of trail; it's ripping fast and incredibly diverse. Whether you're someone who rides the trails regularly or an out-of-towner, this race is guaranteed to impress.

The course will be a true point-to-point event. Thanks to the myriad of trails in this area, the race will never be on the same trail twice. You'll ride single-track the majority of the event with a few small exceptions during some of the climbs. The total distance and vertical are still in the works, but our target distance is around 75 - 80 miles, which will include 10-12,000 vertical feet of climbing. So get up here and do what you're afraid to!

Registration is currently open (and limited to 300 riders). The price for Solo riders is $120 (increasing to $150 early August). Duo riders, $190. This race is sure to become a premier event in future years, so be one of the first to get it. Visit the website for the always expanding details and breaking news.

http://www.thepcpp.com

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Jride said:
Remember the E100 in Park City, Utah? Great race, phenomenal trails, the event just simply didn't live on. Well, endurance mountain bike racing is back in Park City, Utah.
View attachment 467840
It might be the first, but it won't be the last. Introducing the very first Park City Point 2 Point endurance mountain bike race. Park City has over 300 miles of trail; it's ripping fast and incredibly diverse. Whether you're someone who rides the trails regularly or an out-of-towner, this race is guaranteed to impress.

The course will be a true point-to-point event. Thanks to the myriad of trails in this area, the race will never be on the same trail twice. You'll ride single-track the majority of the event with a few small exceptions during some of the climbs. The total distance and vertical are still in the works, but our target distance is around 75 - 80 miles, which will include 10-12,000 vertical feet of climbing. So get up here and do what you're afraid to!

Registration is currently open (and limited to 300 riders). The price for Solo riders is $120 (increasing to $150 early August). Duo riders, $190. This race is sure to become a premier event in future years, so be one of the first to get it. Visit the website for the always expanding details and breaking news.

http://www.thepcpp.com
September 5th, 2009

I have a week of work coming up near there. Call me interested.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
I've just been starting look for a good endurance type race not too far from home for late August/early September and saw the add at the top of the Utah Forum for the PCP2P.

This sounds just like what I need. I did the E100 (100K version) four or five years ago and have been itching to get back to PC. It looks like a good route. The trails there are amazing.

Count me interested as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This sounds awesome! Who out there can pre-ride the course for the out of towners and take a bunch of pictures? The videos were good, but we want to see the tough parts of the course that most people won't show.

Thanks!

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Would love to make it out there, but its the SOs 40th Bday weekend so she nixed it, next year I will have to put it on the schedule.

Kevin

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sure wish I could do it! Loved the riding at PC. Course should be incredible!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts