·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy y'all, Im Edgar and new to MTBR

1. hollering at out from Austin Texas
2. Im a XC 29er rider.
3. Own 2 bikes. Giant Anthem advanced 29er, Giant Trance 27.5
4. Ive been riding for 11yrs
5. mostly MTB forums or Jeep forums are my frequents.

Work in Construction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the change in the posting requirements, we've created this thread here for newbies to introduce yourself.

Hopefully this will unite all the "hello there" or "checking in" or "new here first time post" threads currently popping up here in the general forum.

Please respond with:

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
3.) How many bikes you own?
4.) How long have you been riding?
5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

Add anything else you care to share.

Thanks,

-gregg

ADDENDUM: DO NOT TRY TO PAD YOUR POST COUNT HERE! THEY WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION! NO TESTING EITHER. It's really not that hard to find 5 already existing threads to reply to.

Also of Note: Due to the high volume of Spammers trying to flood the site with fake posts all new users are required to post at least 10 replies to threads BEFORE you can start a new thread that includes Links to other web pages (including other mtbr pages) or links to photos. Once your post count is above 10 then you can begin to do this.
- Klurejr
Hi. I'm Richard. I live in northern north CA and consider myself a long time beginner. I mostly ride on unkempt roads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings,
Been a member since 07’ or something like that and I wanted to start posting again. But, I forgot my password and don’t use the same email anymore. So, new name.

back in Oregon now.
HT 29er and drop bar 29er mostly. Got a gravel thing, a road thing, and a single speed.
46, so been riding for 40 years ish.
yeah, bikes bikes bikes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello everyone !

my name is Aytek. I have been following the forum since many years but I have just been a member !

1- I'm from Turkey, Ankara.
2- I'm an XC rider (hardtail 29er) with occasional downhill sections and singletracks (when gf is not riding with me).
3- I own a Trek Marlin 5 with some small upgrades such as pedals, grips and tires (bought the tires but not installed yet :). still trying to kill the bontragers that came as stock on the bike)
4. I have commuted and ridden XC for 4 years before giving a long (7 years) break. I am now back in business !
5. mostly MTB forums, reddit, weather forums, technology forums, car forums.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,

My name is Ben, and I reside in Queensland Australia. Started MTB a year ago and have fallen in love with mountain biking. Only basic trails near where I live, and my Fluid FS1 has taken me far.

Starting to travel to bigger trails, and have a Banshee Prime V3 on the way to take there.

Love the bikes / parts / tinkering as much as I love riding, so hopefully will get a bit out of joining here!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum. I like mtbs and bikes. Sometimes turtles. In all seriousness, I'm not new to 2 wheels but I'm no spring chicken either. This is after all the internet.

BAY area CA
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
weekend warriors
Dunno. Very long time on and off roughly 40 years
Pinkbike
Hdforums
BARF
ADVRIDER

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I recently started riding again after being given a Cannondale m1000 great bike but the frame was too small.So I’ve found what I thought was a nice f2000 frame on eBay (frame was trashed tho) and spent the last year building it up.

1) Im from NewJersey

2) out of shape beginner

3) I have two Cannondales m1000 and F2000 that I built up

·
Registered
5 Posts
1) I'm retired, currently living in Las Cruces, NM.
2) I mostly ride desert trails, dirt/gravel access roads, and jeep trails. Mostly flat with some undulation. Being 71 years of age, I don't do any crazy downhilling but I love to pedal and ride fast. I typically ride 5 days/week, about 65 - 75 miles/week.
3) I currently have 1 bike - a 2020 Niner Air 9 RDO (an XC bike), but am in the market for a fatbike.
4) I rode competitively (road racing) as junior high schooler and after a 55 year hiatus I took up riding again almost 2 years ago for the fitness aspect. Turns out, I really enjoy it.
5) I'm also a member at Pinkbike, but banned myself a couple of months ago due to the lack of civility (never towards me) displayed by many of their members. Too much hostility on that site. I read these forums for enjoyment and to be educated by those with more experience than myself, not to listen to name-calling and people snipe at each other.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please respond with:

1. Pacific NW (Cascadia Now!)

2. Beginner

3. 1

4. 6 months

5. Pinkbike

·
Registered
1 Posts
1.) From the South East corner of Australia
2.) Trail riding, exploring, touring...
3.) Scott Scale hardtail
4.) On and then off and now on for four years.
5.) Gear and maintenance, cool places to see, photography...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, I'm from the PNW and have decided to actually post. I joined a couple years ago in anticipation of getting a full suspension mountain bike but at the time it just didn't pan out. I currently own a redline monocog 29er which is a fun bike. Once again I'm considering a full suspension and have never owned one, I thought it would be a good time to say hello and learn a few things. 😊

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,910 Posts
Hello, I'm from the PNW and have decided to actually post. I joined a couple years ago in anticipation of getting a full suspension mountain bike but at the time it just didn't pan out. I currently own a redline monocog 29er which is a fun bike. Once again I'm considering a full suspension and have never owned one, I thought it would be a good time to say hello and learn a few things. 😊
Welcome. Slow & steady is better than fast and unsteady.

Voice of experience.

You picked a rough time to try to buy a FS bike but there are some out there. Good ones, even. Best of luck.
=sParty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Road bicycles are uniquely intended for speed. They're not implied for lengthy drive visits with weighty burdens. In the event that you see the development material, you'll notice that they're comprised of carbon or aluminum which are light regarding weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the change in the posting requirements, we've created this thread here for newbies to introduce yourself.

Hopefully this will unite all the "hello there" or "checking in" or "new here first time post" threads currently popping up here in the general forum.

Please respond with:

Add anything else you care to share.

Thanks,

-gregg

ADDENDUM: DO NOT TRY TO PAD YOUR POST COUNT HERE! THEY WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION! NO TESTING EITHER. It's really not that hard to find 5 already existing threads to reply to.

Also of Note: Due to the high volume of Spammers trying to flood the site with fake posts all new users are required to post at least 10 replies to threads BEFORE you can start a new thread that includes Links to other web pages (including other mtbr pages) or links to photos. Once your post count is above 10 then you can begin to do this.
- Klurejr

·
Registered
3 Posts
1.) Born in FrogTown part of Los Angeles, now live in Deep South Orange County, CA
2.) Mostly weekend warrior kind of stuff, with the occassional road trip or bike park venture.
3.) Only own 1 bike, (2020 Scott Genius 940) and it's the first brand new bike I've ever purchased.
4.) Been riding for about 15 years, but that doesn't mean that I'm a climbing beast who can charge dbl black diamonds all day long. I'm in my late 50's now and play it pretty safe because I gotta work the next day
5.) I frequent, Pink Bike, Craigslist, Offer up and actually have a paperback subscription to Mountain Action Magazine ;-)
6) Nick named Tono, friends know me by Tony and I conduct business as Anthony ;-)
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm glad to be a member of the forum and I hope I can learn a lot. My dad bought me a premium membership as as surprise. I am building up a 2011 Trek 8000 this summer as a fun project. We found a nice frame at a shop that will make a perfect hardtail project. I love to build and work on things. I might need some help here and there so thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Trek Marlin 7, Maxxis DHF/DHR2, PNC Cascade Dropper, Rock Shox Recon Silver RL
14 Posts
Have fun with that. I won't be the guy giving good advice, hopefully I will learn from your questions.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
It's going to be a blast and I can't wait for that first ride. I hope I can learn a lot and be able to help other riders when I can. Thanks!!

10041 - 10060 of 10065 Posts