·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!

1.) SE Michigan
2.) Love single track and all types of trails
3.) Two. Just got a 2020 Canyon Neuron 6 and still have my 2011 Trek Mamba
4.) 15 Years
5.) TheMalibuCrew.com and will be coming around here more I'd guess!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, My name is Brian.
1. I'm from Russia but I was adopted and I now live in Kentucky I started living in Kentucky in 2005.
2. Beginner
3. Only one
4. for 4 weeks
5. General Discussion forum and Beginner's corner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, My name is Brian.
1. I'm from Russia but I was adopted and I now live in Kentucky I started living in Kentucky in 2005.
2. Beginner
3. Only one
4. for 4 weeks
5. General Discussion forum and Beginner's corner.
Sorry, put it twice by mistake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi My name is Marty, 1018 Kustoms is my hobby job name.
1.) I'm in Spring Hill KS, just south of Kansas City
2.) Been riding and collecting mostly Balloon tire bikes for 20 years
3.) How many bikes you own? to many, probably 120 <>
4.) How long have you been riding? 53 years
5.) What forums do you frequent most? General, Sale, Wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello all. jason- 42- out of shape- ex alcoholic -smoker- looking to get in better shape
so i made a decision to stop drinking and get back into shape somewhat- well at least try and lose the extra weight i put on drinking about a 12 pack a day for the last few years.
moving on-
picking up a trek mountain bike.
been taking laps around town the last week or so. trying to get moving- work= sit/ home = sit - which used to include sit and drink- anyway- thats where i am at today.
just a few 5-10 mile rides around town. no crazy mountain biking/ jumping/downhills etc. just laps around town to get used to breathing and riding/ changing gears etc.
think i would like to find a local trail and give it a shot. place i picked the bike up at- kid told me to try out 6 mile- he mentioned something about the lower part- and im guessing because i mentioned im new to this at my old fat age.
anyhow- question i have - if im even posting in the right spot - is -
will 6 mile be a good place to try?
do i need a helmet?
is there a low and high difference?? as in the new/ slow/ fat old man should stay at the bottom or out of the way??

first of many questions im sure. but ill start with what might be a dumb one.

thanks for any help

·
Snow Dog
3,705 Posts
hello all. jason- 42- out of shape- ex alcoholic -smoker- looking to get in better shape
so i made a decision to stop drinking and get back into shape somewhat- well at least try and lose the extra weight i put on drinking about a 12 pack a day for the last few years.
moving on-
picking up a trek mountain bike.
been taking laps around town the last week or so. trying to get moving- work= sit/ home = sit - which used to include sit and drink- anyway- thats where i am at today.
just a few 5-10 mile rides around town. no crazy mountain biking/ jumping/downhills etc. just laps around town to get used to breathing and riding/ changing gears etc.
think i would like to find a local trail and give it a shot. place i picked the bike up at- kid told me to try out 6 mile- he mentioned something about the lower part- and im guessing because i mentioned im new to this at my old fat age.
anyhow- question i have - if im even posting in the right spot - is -
will 6 mile be a good place to try?
do i need a helmet?
is there a low and high difference?? as in the new/ slow/ fat old man should stay at the bottom or out of the way??

first of many questions im sure. but ill start with what might be a dumb one.

thanks for any help
dude!!! you have made one of he best decisions you will ever make!!! Congrats!! Get rid of the alcohol chains!!!!!

About 9 years ago, I weighed 320, and was on the fast track to dark things. I did not drink or smoke, but food was/is my vice. Like you, I finally decided to get off my ass and do something about it. In 2 years, I lost 125 pounds due to getting back into riding and eating better. Then I had a heart attack 4 years ago (thanks to 40 years of crappy eating), and riding my bike has been my main recovery from that as well...

where do you live/ride?

A few pointers;
you need a helmet, no matter what. Don't mess with your head. In a few years, when you are healtier, and kicking it, you want you brain to be in one peice!!

make sure the bike has been properly fitted to you...the ONE THING that you will not be able to modify to make your ride more comfortable is the frame size...the store should be able to do this for you if it is a true bike shop...

in the beginning, don't ride so much, or beyond your physical capabilities that you lose excitement for the activity. I almost did this to myself

don't compare yourself to other riders, but in the same way, as you get better, it is cool to find some motivation in the way others ride

Be patient...I am roughly 10 years on the other side of my re-commitment to riding, and it has become my #2 sanity keeper behind playing drums/bass guitar. This is a great forum as well!!!

Reactions: diamondback1x9
10021 - 10027 of 10027 Posts