Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

10001 - 10020 of 10027 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all. I'm Tony from the west central foothills of WV, USA. I love biking, but I'm not what I'd call hard core. I've done some 50 mile+ rides, but most of the time I'm doing 10-20, and try to ride 2-3 times a week. I have two bikes, a Trek Verve 3 that I converted to 1X, and a 27.5 DIY thing that I built from parts I gathered here and there. I used to have a fat bike that I built around a Mongoose Beast frame, but I gave it away to a friend last year. I decided at the age of 60+ I wanted to go a bit lighter on the hardware. I mostly ride rail and river trails, although I do some casual MTB trails from time to time. I don't do technical . . . if a trail feels too sketchy to me, I get off and walk the bike until I think it's safe to get back on. We have a lot of pretty steep terrain around here, so flow trails are not very common. I started riding bikes again on a regular basis 10 years or so ago; before that, it was very occasional. This is the only bike forum on which I am registered.

Right now my biking is limited, as I broke my foot in two places on my last river ride (Oct 26) on some semi-rough terrain. It was a dumb, preventable accident, and kept me from getting back out the first two weeks of November, when we had awesome weather and the best foliage we've seen around here in years. My last short ride a few days ago was about 30 minutes, and my foot was pretty sore for a couple of days afterward. As much as I want to get out and do some more extended riding, it's feeling like it will be Spring before the foot is healed enough to ride more than about 20-30 minutes. Bummer.

·
Registered
HT, obviously
182 Posts
1.) Where you are from? Cameron from Seattle WA
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? 26er weekend warrior
3.) How many bikes you own? 1 (so far!)
4.) How long have you been riding? i got really into riding abt a year ago, been riding a mtb since i was about ~8/9
5.) What forums do you frequent most? mtbr, pb, grm and bronco 6g

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,266 Posts
1.) Where you are from? Cameron from Seattle WA
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? 26er weekend warrior
3.) How many bikes you own? 1 (so far!)
4.) How long have you been riding? i got really into riding abt a year ago, been riding a mtb since i was about ~8/9
5.) What forums do you frequent most? mtbr, pb, grm and bronco 6g
Welcome!

We have a 4x4 off roading thread in the Off Camber section. I mention it since you seem to be a fan of Bronco's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1.) Where you are from? Hello MTBR community, I am from the Philippines
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I am a beginner biker, I just got interested in mountain biking ever since my uncle gave me and my brother his mountain bike that he once bought from a co worker.
3.) How many bikes you own? My family owns 2 bikes, 1 for me and 1 for my brother. Although the bike that I am using personally is a hand me down from my uncle.
4.) How long have you been riding? I have only started mountain biking ever since October of 2020, but I learned to ride a bike as early as 4 years old.
5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) This is the only bike related forum that I currently use, however I am an avid user of reddit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i need your advice about either buying a garmin gps or use my old i phone se as a gps which is not my main phone but rather a gps unit. i only need the navigation i don't care about all the other stats like hr monitor altitude and more. i also have a quad locks to fit on my handle bar which is probably the most reliable set up for a phone. it looks like i already answer my question but still want to hear what you think about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, checking in:
1.) I am from Virginia, however, I currently reside in Norcal/Sacramento area
2.) Weekend warrior, weekday commuter.
3.) 2 bikes for now (but you know, n+1). 29er hardtail (Rockhopper) for most weekend fun, I commute on my gravel bike (Jamis Renegade) but have been taking that out on the weekends more and more
4.) I got back into biking when I moved out to CA about 7 months ago and haven't looked back since

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everybody. Quick introduction and first post,

1.) Where you are from? Albuquerque, New Mexico
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? mostly a weekend warrior, trail and all mountain
3.) How many bikes you own? 1 working on the 2nd
4.) How long have you been riding? About 3 years
5.) What forums do you frequent most? I lurk here and pinkbike a lot, not a big poster, just a reader.

I'm currently riding 2019, XL Ragley Bigwig. I haven't been riding for a whole long time, I've got a background in automotive fab and paint, so I'm currently in the process of trying to build a 4130 steel hardtail frame. I plan on starting a build thread in the frame building forum but I wanted to pop in and say hi here first.

Here's the current ride, 160mm Z1 Coil, Spank Spike 33 wheels, Chromag bar and stem, 210mm OneUp dropper, Microshift drivetrain. Gonna be swapping most of these parts over to the new frame when it actually exists. Cheers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello from South Carolina, I just started back trail riding after being off a bike for 38yrs.
At 55 years of age I have started to develop arthritis in my hips so the riding helps.
I have a 2020 Specialized Pitch comp with 27.5's and a 2020 Santa Cruz Tall boy with 29's.
Other than being bit twice by rattlesnakes and shot once that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi My name Is Brian I'm a New member I like mountain biking and dirt bike riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all.

My name is Pekka.

1.) Where you are from? Finland
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? trail rider, singlespeeder
3.) How many bikes you own? One. I used to own kona unit 2019, but it got stolen from my house. Now i have 50€ chinese fatbike single speed. I have ordered full titanium hardtail to replace my current bike(3 month waiting list).
4.) How long have you been riding? 3 years

I hope that 2021 will be good year for you all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, should probably do this.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

1.) Where you are from? Mildura, Victoria, Australia. Also known as Flatlandia
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Reformed Roadie, now Life Member of the XC Hardtail Club.
3.) How many bikes you own? Operational 3, non-operational? Too many
4.) How long have you been riding? Longer than V-brakes have existed.
5.) What forums do you frequent most? A little Aussie one called Rotorburn

Current Main Steed is a 2018 Project One Procaliber 9.8 SL

Ride around 10,000km per year. Definitely suits my tendencies of going all day rather than a Flat out sprint. Di2 is da bomb, by the way.

Currently awaiting a shock rebuild, is a 2013 Turner 5.Spot.

Once it's sorted, it'll be the daily driver. Bit heavier to push, bit nicer to ride with a loaded back pack.

·
One day at a time!
3 Posts
Hey! I’m Shawn
I’m from Edina, MN
I am just starting to ride again after my Mtb was stolen 10 years ago.
I own one bike, a Surly Pugsley.
This is the only forum that I go to so far.

·
Snow Dog
3,705 Posts
Hey! I’m Shawn
I’m from Edina, MN
I am just starting to ride again after my Mtb was stolen 10 years ago.
I own one bike, a Surly Pugsley.
This is the only forum that I go to so far.

View attachment 1910863
love that bike!!!! That should get you everywhere!!!

10001 - 10020 of 10027 Posts