Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 10038 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, my name is Steve and I live in the SF bay area.

I am getting back into riding after an 8 year hiatus from racing. I have a new 2010 stumpjumper expert carbon with a few upgrades that I ride a couple times a week, and a steelman road bike for cruising around on.

I look forward to meeting some great people on the forum and getting some advice as well.

·
Registered
470 Posts
1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) - In Phoenix
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) - Beginner all mtn.Trails
3.) How many bikes you own? - One
4.) How long have you been riding? - Since March or so
5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) - Pretty much this one is all I found. I use mtbr for the reviews all the time and how I found the forum

Reactions: AZ

·
Registered
35 Posts
1.) Where you are from? Tallahassee, Florida
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
3.) How many bikes you own? 2, specialized Hardrock, Jamis Lightfoot commuter bike
4.) How long have you been riding? less that 1 year
5.) What forums do you frequent most? I just hit "New Post."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from South Jersey

1.) Where you are from? Millville, NJ (southern part of the state)
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Pre-Complete Beginner
3.) How many bikes you own? one, Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc
4.) How long have you been riding? I haven't. I bought the bike this afternoon, came home, had to run out to a function. A buddy of mine is picking me up tomorrow morning for my first ride.
5.) What forums do you frequent most? Well, since this is the first post I have ever made on a bike forum, I guess this one. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys I'm from Leavenworth KS. I just started riding a few months ago. I was riding a Trek 4300 but am now riding a Gary Fisher Rig which feels like a huge improvement. I am starting to get into xc racing, have only done one race so far, none on the new bike yet. I need to get my five posts in so i can start making threads and asking questions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello.

I'm from Scottsboro, Alabama. I just bought my first bike yesterday, a used Trek 820 ST with a 16" frame. Now, the wife and kids want in, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Brad from Crossett Arkansas.
I enjoy trail or anywhere else i can ride.
I haved a Cannondale F300
I have been riding bikes all my life. Got caught up in the freestyle thing in the late 80s early 90s. Got the Cannondale in 96 and rode it alot around town. Decided to pick it back up a few months ago and start riding again.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,491 Posts
I'm Arizona Mountains
I'm a Taurus
I like long walks and poems.
I have a pink cruiser with glittery tassels
I currently ride the 'happy trail'

·
Rodizio
161 Posts
So FL rider

1.) Miami, FL - currently using South Florida trails...
2.) Beginner, mtn/trail, and 29er rider
3.) one bike for me, 2012 Giant Talon 29er 0
4.) i've been riding for about 4 months at this point...
5.) this is my first forum visited for mountain biking...
:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
3.) How many bikes you own?
4.) How long have you been riding?
5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

1. Rural Maine, near the mountains
2. Beginner-intermediate. I have excellent endurance, but I need work on single track.
3. 2. I road bike, one mountain bike. I don't use the road bike much.
4. 2 years, but not consistently.
5. I have been frequenting running times forums most frequently. My primary sport in ultramarathon running, but I am out of commission right now due to a IT band issue. So I'm planning mountain bike races instead.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1.) Where you are from? Chattanooga
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Whatever trails are around
3.) How many bikes you own? 2
4.) How long have you been riding? Since I could walk
5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just trying to learn from it all right now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All!

Been lurking here for a few weeks. Decided to jump into the forum tonight. Truth is, I had a question to ask, but can't start a new thread until I post 5 times! So hello! :) LOL.

I live in the Tampa area. Just getting into riding. Used to ride the heck out bmx bikes as a kid/teen. Now I'm ready to kick it up again at 38 years old! ;)

Cheers!

·
North Idaho
212 Posts
1.) Where you are from? North Idaho, south of Sandpoint
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail rider
3.) How many bikes you own? 1
4.) How long have you been riding? MTB since mid 80's, road bike before that.
5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Responding to the Q's.

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share): Maryland
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) Former Rider
3.) How many bikes you own? One, sad, sad frame...
4.) How long have you been riding? I used to ride fifteen years ago.

View attachment 624017

Smiles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been lurking here for a few weeks. Decided to jump into the forum tonight. Truth is, I had a question to ask, but can't start a new thread until I post 5 times! So hello! :) LOL
I'm in the same boat. I get the rule, it just doesn't entirely make sense to me. I'm going to end up posting things that just aren't that meaningful.

Smiles

·
Registered
2 Posts
1.) Where you are from? Northern Virginia (Herndon to be specific)
2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Probably Intermediate (trail)
3.) How many bikes you own? 2
4.) How long have you been riding? Well, I grew up riding BMX and got pretty advanced with that... but that was ages ago. Now I'm 45 (and out of shape) but I'm starting to get back into riding again and slowly building back up the endurance and absolutely LOVING it again.
5.) What forums do you frequent most? A few different music and guitar forums.

61 - 80 of 10038 Posts