Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The way NU gets the weight down is by weighing them on a bad scale and uncomplete ( you know...little things like Hydro lines, fluid, bolts, etc).
I bought a NU carbon bar that was almost 50 gr heavier than advertised.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got my SLPs down to 630g for the set and I just can't see how you'd loose almost another 50g. I'm using Ti mounting hardware for the rotors and calipers, so there may be some small additional savings by replacing some of the Ti with alu (maybe 5-10g).

Like "the mayor" says, I'm pretty doubtful that 584g is a real weight for the full system. Its a bit sad to see inaccurate weights in promotional literature.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
the mayor said:
The way NU gets the weight down is by weighing them on a bad scale and uncomplete ( you know...little things like Hydro lines, fluid, bolts, etc).
I bought a NU carbon bar that was almost 50 gr heavier than advertised.
Guess I should consider myself lucky. Just picked up an oversize New Ultimate 80mm stem in white. Claimed weight on fairwheelbikes site is 107 grams, mine came in @ 96 grams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.