Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Wicketed
600 Posts
That's, the one, cheers JustJ!

Looks like a reverse mullet setup in that photo - a bit more give and traction in the front end? And the previous photo's above show BB shell is not threaded, so presumably will take an eccentric BB for SS use (and upset everyone who thinks treaded is the only way, despite - I think - it partly being a matter of necessary manufacturing tolerances, and this being more of an issue for carbon than metal).

Hmmmm. Do Turners still get imported to the UK??

·
West Chester, PA
4,930 Posts
What is ETA and RRP? might buy a frame to build some day as a rain bike.
Hope it is from Taiwan not PRC Dave, not buying PRC...
I'm guessing made by Ora in Taiwan.

I was considering having a ti frame made with dimensions very similar to this, but ended up going in a completely different direction with a new SC 5010. I basically wanted a ti version of my Canfield EPO with a little more tire clearance. This is close enough. If they get produced, and the pricing is where I hope it will be for a Taiwanese made product, I'll buy one.

·
West Chester, PA
4,930 Posts
The one with the rigid fork is a much larger size than Dave's bike. Multiple prototypes is a good sign!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've imported 3 Turners in the last couple of years to the UK. One directly through the post and the others delivered to my hotel in California.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've always wanted a Turner and have been watching this thread along with their social media sites.

This dropped last week:

TiTrous.jpg

:thumbsup:

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
That was rhetorical. I have a Ripley, along with a few other non-Turners since Dave has moved away from marketing, ie: getting the customer what they want.

Kudos to DT though, he deserves to tinker on whatever gives him the most joy. Just miss riding his bikes, along with the energy that used to be herein.

·
Registered
862 Posts
We’ll see but it looks like DT is moving on from MTB bikes and focusing on Gravel/XC ti hardtails. Prob not a bad move if your passion isn’t around E-bikes. I think his motivation is around bikes that pedal and he has been clear about where he believes the industry is going (ebikes). Regardless, I’m excited to see what the next chapter brings for Turner Bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 51 of 51 Posts