Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Rear axle spacing in the last pic confirms this hypothesis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clearance near t47 BB omits this hypothesis. It is a super boost 29+. Btw what do Nos (Holley) and Turner have in common, perhaps same financier? Just a speculation, but Nos is a registered trademark so one can not just use it freely

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,528 Posts
It's a B+/29er hardtail with Super Boost from the looks of it. The BB shell is too narrow to be a fatbike.

T47 or PF? Can't tell from that pic.

Flatmount is an odd choice, but you will just need a FM to Post adapter, no big deal.

That headtube looks big, why is the upper so huge?

Internal dropper routing from DT to ST.

Can't clearly see the dropouts. At first glance it looks like a standard TA, but the drive side chainstay has something on it way at the back. Perhaps this frame will use interchangeable bolt-in dropout inserts? Maybe it's something else?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Frame is imported. double butted top tube, down tube and head tube. Chainstays are single butted and tapered. 29x2.5", Boost spacing. BB is T47, 73mm wide. Flat mount 160, as started by Noble Bikes. Geo with a 130 fork: 74SA, 66.8HTA, 415 CS, 12mm drops, 620ETT on medium, the head tube is a very common 44x56 . This is not supposed to be an 'enduro HT', there are plenty of those to choose from. This is my take on 'PB Mikes' down country XC bike. I live in suburban hell, with nothing but tiny pockets of dirt between large expanses of pavement. A gravel bike is my go to for most of my solo rides. But occasionally I will find myself way outside my comfort zone on a gravel bike, and although the Cyclosys makes it thru with brakes smoking and careful line choices, a down country style hardtail would allow for greater speed and more fun. Then back on pavement, lock the fork and toil on. I did not give much thought to 27.5 on this frame and I'll tell ya why. The primary advantage to using a 27.5 on the rear is to shorten the CS. Well at 415, this is plenty freakin short and I have the advantage of a 29" for rolling over ****. Going to a 275 the only way to get the roll over of a 29r back is to use a 275x2.8 or 3.0, and in a decent casing thickness, these are freakin HEAVY. I want a step between a full suspension mountain bike like my Czar or Flux and a gravel bike, not replace my Burner or Sultan. My plan for this is a fast feeling bike. Fast locked out on pavement and smooth dirt roads, and fast 'feeling' on the descents. I am well aware that full suspension bike can be faster on rough descents, but with a sub 12" BB and kinda slack HA this will give a lot of confidence. As for using the Holley automotive and CocaCola owned energy drink Nos art, I thought it looked cool and am pretty sure a proto frame isn't going to get me called into court.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Frame is imported. double butted top tube, down tube and head tube. Chainstays are single butted and tapered. 29x2.5", Boost spacing. BB is T47, 73mm wide. Flat mount 160, as started by Noble Bikes. Geo with a 130 fork: 74SA, 66.8HTA, 415 CS, 12mm drops, 620ETT on medium, the head tube is a very common 44x56 . This is not supposed to be an 'enduro HT', there are plenty of those to choose from. This is my take on 'PB Mikes' down country XC bike. I live in suburban hell, with nothing but tiny pockets of dirt between large expanses of pavement. A gravel bike is my go to for most of my solo rides. But occasionally I will find myself way outside my comfort zone on a gravel bike, and although the Cyclosys makes it thru with brakes smoking and careful line choices, a down country style hardtail would allow for greater speed and more fun. Then back on pavement, lock the fork and toil on. I did not give much thought to 27.5 on this frame and I'll tell ya why. The primary advantage to using a 27.5 on the rear is to shorten the CS. Well at 415, this is plenty freakin short and I have the advantage of a 29" for rolling over ****. Going to a 275 the only way to get the roll over of a 29r back is to use a 275x2.8 or 3.0, and in a decent casing thickness, these are freakin HEAVY. I want a step between a full suspension mountain bike like my Czar or Flux and a gravel bike, not replace my Burner or Sultan. My plan for this is a fast feeling bike. Fast locked out on pavement and smooth dirt roads, and fast 'feeling' on the descents. I am well aware that full suspension bike can be faster on rough descents, but with a sub 12" BB and kinda slack HA this will give a lot of confidence. As for using the Holley automotive and CocaCola owned energy drink Nos art, I thought it looked cool and am pretty sure a proto frame isn't going to get me called into court.
Well the numbers are very similar to my Waltworks Ultimate Warrior so I can promise you that this thing should rip!

·
Registered
84 Posts
What is ETA and RRP? might buy a frame to build some day as a rain bike.
Hope it is from Taiwan not PRC Dave, not buying PRC...

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Thanks for the details, dt. The concept and product look fantastic!

I'd have put this on my short list earlier this year. Alas, my ti budget went elsewhere.

Keep cranking, and maybe dropping in every blue moon to keep freebiker quiet. :)

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,528 Posts
I need to break this into paragraphs just to read it.

Frame is imported. double butted top tube, down tube and head tube. Chainstays are single butted and tapered. 29x2.5", Boost spacing. BB is T47, 73mm wide. Flat mount 160, as started by Noble Bikes. Geo with a 130 fork: 74SA, 66.8HTA, 415 CS, 12mm drops, 620ETT on medium, the head tube is a very common 44x56 .

This is not supposed to be an 'enduro HT', there are plenty of those to choose from. This is my take on 'PB Mikes' down country XC bike. I live in suburban hell, with nothing but tiny pockets of dirt between large expanses of pavement. A gravel bike is my go to for most of my solo rides. But occasionally I will find myself way outside my comfort zone on a gravel bike, and although the Cyclosys makes it thru with brakes smoking and careful line choices, a down country style hardtail would allow for greater speed and more fun. Then back on pavement, lock the fork and toil on.

I did not give much thought to 27.5 on this frame and I'll tell ya why. The primary advantage to using a 27.5 on the rear is to shorten the CS. Well at 415, this is plenty freakin short and I have the advantage of a 29" for rolling over ****. Going to a 275 the only way to get the roll over of a 29r back is to use a 275x2.8 or 3.0, and in a decent casing thickness, these are freakin HEAVY.

I want a step between a full suspension mountain bike like my Czar or Flux and a gravel bike, not replace my Burner or Sultan. My plan for this is a fast feeling bike. Fast locked out on pavement and smooth dirt roads, and fast 'feeling' on the descents. I am well aware that full suspension bike can be faster on rough descents, but with a sub 12" BB and kinda slack HA this will give a lot of confidence. As for using the Holley automotive and CocaCola owned energy drink Nos art, I thought it looked cool and am pretty sure a proto frame isn't going to get me called into court.
Interesting. Thanks for the detailed response.

·
psycho cyclo addict
2,973 Posts
Very cool. When I cave and get something with boost- this looks like a winner!

For now I'm riding an XL Twin Six Ti FSU25 (rigid single speed setup; 135/142x12 rear) that can accommodate ~2.5" 29er rear tire (or in 27.5, a 2.8" if not 3.0" rear tire).

I typically ride with 3.0" 29er front and 2.35" rear. It is a lot of fun slapping wider 27.5's on (2.8 F and 2.6 R) and hitting more gappy and rooty technical stuff. Though many say going a bit wider to 27.5/3.0 tire is not a problem, I'm concerned about the additional pedaling effort that might be required for longer rides.

My aging bones do not enjoy drop bars on trails- down country XC bike sounds spot on. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Clearance near t47 BB omits this hypothesis. It is a super boost 29+. Btw what do Nos (Holley) and Turner have in common, perhaps same financier? Just a speculation, but Nos is a registered trademark so one can not just use it freely
Nvmd. Responded before seeing the many replies that followed this one.

Good news for turner bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 51 Posts