Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Marin Headlands 2, Santa Cruz Stigmata, Marin DSX2
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Forum. I live in North Florida and would like to meet other Turner Fans. Does anyone know anything about the 2011 Sultan?

Thanks.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
We're not fans....Homers is the correct term.

Welcome

2011 sultan will be a DW link suspension. Anything after that is speculation.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Homer!

Ok , I'm sorry, I'm a new Homer! But how do I become a Homer ? Is there any kind of initiation! :) I don't even own a Turner yet! I'm working on it!

Right now I ride a Commencal Meta 55; great bike nothing to complain but recently I test rode a lot of 29ers and I really like the way those bikes ride.
The Sultan is on te top of my list but the price of the frame ($ 2.400) make me think....
What about a Niner Rip ($ 1.800) and use the $ 600.00 for a good fork or a pair of wheels or what about the 2011 Gary Fisher Rumblefish , I can get the top of the line for less than $4.000 ; even Santa cruz Tallboy carbon frame for the same money of the Turner:confused:
I guess my question is : Is the Sultan worth of the extra cash? Is there really $ 600 difference between the Rip and the Sultan as far as perfomance on the trail; I know the Sultan is Us made and Turner are elite bikes like for us italian Ferrari but money is money!
please help me to decide!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just picked up a new 5 Spot and it's a phenomenal ride. I've always heard there is something special about a Turner and it's true. It's a very confidence inspiring ride and I find myself pushing harder and cornering faster than before. In fact, I'm more impressed with how it corners than anything else. It's just magic on twisty, flowy, singletrack. Worth the money? For sure!

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
italianbike74 said:
Ok , But how do I become a Homer ? Is there any kind of initiation! :) I don't even own a Turner yet! I'm working on it!
FAIL..............

you need to at least own 1 Turner! talking about it only downgrades ya book club membership chances!

Come back with a shiny new Sultan and you're in, SS papa smurf Homer treasurer! can't trust Tidy he's the enforcer, SS can do the physical initiation with ya on the front range :p

Homerdome - live long and ride proper!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not going to buy the Sultan without ride it first and by the way I'm 5'6 therefore I need a small.I'm kind of courious about the 2011 model , but like I said, I want to try the bike before drop $2000 for a frame!

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
italianbike74 said:
I'm not going to buy the Sultan without ride it first and by the way I'm 5'6 therefore I need a small.I'm kind of courious about the 2011 model , but like I said, I want to try the bike before drop $2000 for a frame!
I'm 5'7" on a medium Sultan. FWIW...I bought it blind with out ever riding the DW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts