Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Turner website, new build kits are being offered so you can get a Turner for a seriously competitive price, IMHO.

I almost bought an Iron Horse today because the prices are unbelievable at Randall Scott, but when I checked the website over at Turner to compare geometry, I was surprised to see a build kit offered. I think I can wait for a complete 5 Spot for 3300.

Does anyone know if the "Chassis" kit price will hold?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Forgive my ignorance as I am pretty new to the world of Mnt. Bikes, but after all the research I have done and reputable people I have consulted with, I have come to understand that SRAM Front D's are no bueno and that most custom bike builds regardless off group choice end up with a Shimano FD. If this is the case and I'm not saying it is, then why would a Turner chassis kit come equipped with an X9 FD? Just an honest question, no disrespect intended.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Ruebsteak said:
Forgive my ignorance as I am pretty new to the world of Mnt. Bikes, but after all the research I have done and reputable people I have consulted with, I have come to understand that SRAM Front D's are no bueno and that most custom bike builds regardless off group choice end up with a Shimano FD. If this is the case and I'm not saying it is, then why would a Turner chassis kit come equipped with an X9 FD? Just an honest question, no disrespect intended.
Earlier generation ones weren't great but the current X9 front works just fine.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turnerbikes said:
The chassis kit price will hold as long as the costs from out suppliers hold.

The 'chassis' is not a complete bike, the complete XT and XTR should be on there as well.

DT
Thanks for clearing that up!

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Build kit? I got your build kit right here...DW demo style

This is the kit I rode in Moab (and a couple of pre-Burro Down Sunday pics):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.