Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My wife has just bought me a new Excalibur 7 for my birthday and I would like to possibly upgrade a couple of components as I don’t want to change the bike as it was bought for me as a present.
I noticed the roxshox Judy forks don’t have any rebound dampening and they are ever so slightly fast rebounding. Are there any internal components that I can change to upgrade these forks adding rebound adjustment?
also I would like to install a 180mm brake rotor on the back to match the front disc, I think shimano rt26 6bolt 180mm rotor is on the front. My query with this is when I change the rotor does anyoneknow what brake calliper spacer I need, not sure on part number etc.
Many thanks

Garry

·
Registered
278 Posts
Up on the crown of the fork at the back there should be a serial number.

Plug that number into the rockshox trail head app and it should give you possible upgrades available.

As for the brake calliper adapter, if the calliper bolts straight on to the frame and doesn't use a bracket between the frame and calliper then it will be a 20mm post mount adapter that you need (assuming it has a 160mm rotor standard)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your Judy Silver TK does have a rebound damper but has no possible rebound damper upgrades.

To slow down your rebound you unscrew the damper from the top of the right-hand stanchion, drain the oil, and refill the same volume with Rockshox 10wt suspension oil, SS-OIL-10WT-A1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts