Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
I wonder if that tool would fit the bearings on my 06 DB. I emailed Cam about buying a set (website no longer lists them), haven't heard back from him yet. Once I get the new bearings, it's off with the matte black, on with teh rawwww.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr Phil mmkay said:
I wonder if that tool would fit the bearings on my 06 DB. I emailed Cam about buying a set (website no longer lists them), haven't heard back from him yet. Once I get the new bearings, it's off with the matte black, on with teh rawwww.
That is a good question, whether or not the new tool will fit the older bearings. You will have to keep us posted on what you find out. Going raw?? Not too many DB's out there raw, good luck! My roommate re-painted his 06' DB last year, he was going to go raw but opted for a candy-ish red. Looks sweet! Make sure you post pics! :thumbsup:

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
yeah thats awesome! i want to place an order for the tool and some new bearings right now. but i'm confused, it doesn't list the bearing sizes, so which one to get for the older model bottlerocket??

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
euroford said:
yeah thats awesome! i want to place an order for the tool and some new bearings right now. but i'm confused, it doesn't list the bearing sizes, so which one to get for the older model bottlerocket??
if youre replacing your bearings, why not order top of the line Enduro bearings? they don't cost any more and you'll not need to replace bearings again. go to www.enduroforkseals.com -they have susp bearing kits for new and old BR's, covert, & gran mal. if you need a kit for another model (blindside, DB etc.) and they don't have a kit for it, they will send one to you for free if you are the first person to get them the bearing size info. i got my kit for free cause i gave Chris the two sizes he needed for the older BR so he could put the kit together, now its listed on the site. $40 complete.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
sodak06 said:
This is brilliant! Kudos to Kyle and TBC for taking it a step further! Nice!

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Components_BearingTool.cfm
damn, it figures they come out with this tool a month after i had to pay the lbs to remove my bearings for me. :madman:
funny, the tool looks just like the contraption i had to make with bolts and washers to press my new bearings back in. it even has the cutout on one side needed to install the large bearings in the BR seatstay.

G

·
unclekittykiller said:
if youre replacing your bearings, why not order top of the line Enduro bearings? they don't cost any more and you'll not need to replace bearings again. go to www.enduroforkseals.com -they have susp bearing kits for new and old BR's, covert, & gran mal. if you need a kit for another model (blindside, DB etc.) and they don't have a kit for it, they will send one to you for free if you are the first person to get them the bearing size info. i got my kit for free cause i gave Chris the two sizes he needed for the older BR so he could put the kit together, now its listed on the site. $40 complete.
Dude, thanks for the heads up! I talked to Mike at TBC and they stop stocking bearing kits for the '06 DB. I guess Enduro it is! I left Chris a voicemail and emailed him a list of the bearing sizes. Hopefully I'll get the same awesome deal as you.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
Dr Phil mmkay said:
Dude, thanks for the heads up! I talked to Mike at TBC and they stop stocking bearing kits for the '06 DB. I guess Enduro it is! I left Chris a voicemail and emailed him a list of the bearing sizes. Hopefully I'll get the same awesome deal as you.
they don't have dirtbag kits made up yet on the enduro site so it looks like you're the first one to order a db kit from him. i'm sure he'll send them out no charge. he sends them out next day shipping too, at least he did for me. Chris is a good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Figures I just placed an order that shipped a day before this was up on the site. Now I have to pay double shipping. The bearings on my Covert are due for a change and I was going to make a cheapo contraption but this is so much nicer.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
unclekittykiller said:
What bearings did you get? I have an older BR as well. Do you have a ref # for the kit?
Thanks

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
tmarkos said:
What bearings did you get? I have an older BR as well. Do you have a ref # for the kit?
Thanks
No ref#. the "products" drop down menu at the top of the site will have a "bearings" link. click on "suspension bearing kits" and go down to the Transition frames category. right now there are 4 choices: covert, gran mal, 08 bottlerocket, and 09 bottlerocket. 08 is the older style with the smaller dropout bearing, 09 is the newer style obviously.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
nice find on the endro bearings sight...

but i still don't know which TBC bearing TOOL fits the bottlerocket. yes, i could go take apart the BR and measure them, but i just wish TBC had it on the site.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
euroford said:
nice find on the endro bearings sight...

but i still don't know which TBC bearing TOOL fits the bottlerocket. yes, i could go take apart the BR and measure them, but i just wish TBC had it on the site.
the way i'm reading it on the site, you'll need to buy both sizes of the tool if you have the older style BR with the two bearing sizes. if you have a newer BR with all large bearings, you'll only need to buy the larger size tool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.