Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an hour to play in the park yesterday, I found two trails that are worth mentioning.

On the initial decent on Seven spring, apparently there is a trail on the left call Woodland???Woodlawn???? I am sure is not new, as I have seen it before but never bother checking it out. But seeing it is a temporary sign marking the trail, and the dirt looks freshly dig, I found myself riding it.

It was a single track decent with a few non-worthy waterbar that ends at what is probably the steepest fireroad uphill I seen. Comparable or even steeper than the wall at Kennedy. It also lead to a deadend lookout on anotherside. I had a SS so obviously I couldn't make it. But I doubt that with gear it would be any easier. Anyhow, it eventually leads back to a split at hunters point lookout. I saw may be 1 other bike tire thread on there.

Second trail was on vista loop. As it end by the watertank, I saw a new (to me) trail that goes down the grass field. It has to be really new as the dirt are not even settled. If feels like riding up the sandy section of Sea Otter. There is a sign that marks the trail going to somekind of look out, and it continues and I think eventually spit you out on Toyon trails????

May be this is not news to everyone, but certainly for me, it makes for a much more challenging workout, especially considering that they sanitized most of the trail at this tiny little park.

BTW, I am looking for directions to connect F.O. with Steven Canyon for a more epic ride. What is a typical ride here? Decend Coyote Creek fireroad, make a left up Steven Canyon road, and then what happen? Where do I turn?

What is a good ride to do? And can you start at other than F.O.? I ran into a guy that said he came from Foothill Exp. way, and the park charge for parking.... Any idea?

·
Two Tired
397 Posts
Wood Trail is very tame. I think it is a replacement for another trail that was nearby. I was there just after they cut the trail about a month ago. Maybe time will help improve it. I think the route to Rainbow it supposed to be closed to bikes.

To get to Stevens Canyon, go down Coyote and left on Stevens Creek as you suggested. Then you can go up Montebello Road or Stevens Canyon Road. Montebello is a sharp right turn just after the road turns at the entrance to the quarry. It is paved for several miles up to the top. Go through the gate to continue on a fire road to the summit and the radio towers. If you continue past Montebello, go to the next right turn on Stevens Canyon. Follow it to the end, go through the gate are you are at the bottom of Stevens Canyon trail. This has a lot more trail time than the route up Montebello.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.