Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what to do on a beutiful, if not a little on the warm and humid side, Sunday? Well most people it seems would stay home and watch the tele...but most of us here will more than likely go for a nice ride down a new (to me) piece of single track and absolutely enjoy it.

Day started out kinda crappy, battery was dead on the truck for no reason at all, other than it's 20 odd years old and is feeling somewhat crabby in it's old age, and I didn't know what I was going to do today. Called up a buddy of mine who goes by the handle of Big29 over in the big wheel forums who just happens to have built up a new Dos Niner, and was as eager to try out his new bike, as I was to try out the Pushed Float on my Burner.

So we made plans, packed up and headed for Louise and Clark Trail in Omaha. About a 2 hour trip, but very much worh it. New trail, new parts, and a whole lot of fun. The pics will tell most of the story.

Sorry mostly nonTurner content, until I get a few of the shots back from Big29. And I have to say sorry to CC for not waiting for the ride, too good of a chance to sample some nen single track. Turns out my legs were absolutely fried anyway, too much riding and fighting a cold all week doesn't leave a whole lot of energy.

happy trails...

squish

Attachments

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And of course the obligitory beuty shot, I'll post impressions of the Pushed shock in a bit.

happy trails...

squish

Attachments

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ass shots happens, besides I thought you might enjoy em...:thumbsup:

happy trails...

squish

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Nice, looks like fun dude, have you had the XR rockers since last fall?, don't remember them. I've been riding the Burner a lot lately, and my Pushed RP3 rides very nice on the Burner.

You guys getting ready for SD? Looking forward to hooking up and riding new trail, and that's a serious freakin log crossing there too!

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
those trails look fast! :thumbsup::D

i'm loving all the tree goodness! sweet! :D

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
glad moh could hook ya up. he told me all about it tonight in the parkin lot as we enjoyed my gift. told ya l&c rocked! sorry i never took ya down there. next time we all go down for a weekend of that and platte. i now have the nessesary fuel for the trip.

that log crossin is a bugger, isnt it? nice work pal! some shots from '04

Attachments

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That log crossing was really cool, I could get it one way but not the other. The second lump kept catching me. Maybe I'll get it next time.

Very fast trails, lots of good fun. Need to get the whole crew down there that would be a real good time. I see our boy Sammy catching some nice air, and is that Moh's Monkey??

happy trails...

squish

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rroeder said:
Nice, looks like fun dude, have you had the XR rockers since last fall?, don't remember them. I've been riding the Burner a lot lately, and my Pushed RP3 rides very nice on the Burner.

You guys getting ready for SD? Looking forward to hooking up and riding new trail, and that's a serious freakin log crossing there too!
I got the XR's early last summer, so yeah they were on the bike while we were out in Moab last year. Looking forward to SD, just hoping the money thing works out for me.

happy trails...

squish

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
sure is. we had a crew of 7 or 8 and 2 cases of kiltlifter that weekend. what a blast!

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mmm, that's a lot of Kilt Lifter, yummmy. We gotta set up a weekend and head some where like Sugar Bottom, or something like that. Would be a blast.

happy trails...

squish

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mmm, more new trails, I'm game. Lets get a hold of Moh, and make some plans.

happy trails...

squish

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Nice shots Squish... um did you get that name before or after you donned the lycra?

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL, not so much. I got the handle because all of my suspension forks made squishy sounds when I first got into riding. Kinda funny I guess.

I don't normally wear lycra with out baggies, but it was too hot on Sunday. Especially when we got down to the bottom of the gullies. Whew..

happy trails...

squish

1 - 19 of 19 Posts