Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics of new trail construction at Winter Park. The ones with the jumps is obviously a new jump trail... really nice tables, step-ups, berms, etc... The other trail with the elevated features is a more tech trail as it is really tight and twisty through the trees. Kind of like singletrack freeride. Not the really wide Boulevard type of trail. There is another mid-mountain trail that has been roughed in, but I don't know much about it.

Also, on Boot camp, after the steep, hard left... HUGE elevated wooden trestle (no pun intended) that spans the pain in the ass little hill that you have to climb. I'll post pics later, too hard to describe.

That's all I have time for today. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
My leg feels funny
1,288 Posts
Looks fun, can't wait to see the trestle you speak of as I hate having to brake on that berm.

Edit: nevermind, I'm thinking of a different spot.... still looks fun.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Yumm! Can see us flying...

Joel: What will be the filter feature? A 4x4 skinny? :)

(This really looks good! Just couldn't resist teasing. Thanks for sharing.)

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
It looks awesome I can't wait to hit that

·
..ouch
2,028 Posts
Unfortunately at WP's normal lift ticket pricing of $29 per worthwhile DH trail it'll now run you $87 for a day pass.

Seriously though.. looks fun.

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked with Dave Kelly yesterday and he gave me a little insight to some more happenings. One of those happenings will be two new DH race trails on the front of the mountain. Rocky, steep, rough. I'll press him today for a little more info. I'll also get pics of the rediculously large elevated trestle feature. So hard to explain...

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
joelalamo45 said:
I talked with Dave Kelly yesterday and he gave me a little insight to some more happenings. One of those happenings will be two new DH race trails on the front of the mountain. Rocky, steep, rough. I'll press him today for a little more info. I'll also get pics of the rediculously large elevated trestle feature. So hard to explain...
Joel, will those be on the WP side or MJ?

Rocky, steep, rough. makes me think MJ.

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Dangerous E said:
Anybody know how much snow is up there right now? Wondering if it's still possible to pedal to the top of WP. Although weather this wknd doesn't look too promising...

Good to go now on WP trails riding up, post lift shut down, pre snow. Snowed Sunday night top of Berthoud, melted by noon.

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Whoa! Way to carry the WP flag JA45 and thanx for the pre-shots. Maybe there will be heavier traffic on Berthoud next summer.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts