Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not new at all really. But these guys are trying to organize our local trails. Some great riding up here! St. Lawrence County

Slmba.org

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm about to be stationed up there at Fort Drum, and we'll be living in Philadelphia. I'm definitely interested in getting involved in the local scene once me and the family get settled!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup:

Theres also some good riding right downtown Watertown (along with some good pubs)!

·
Formerly of Kent
12,357 Posts
I'm stationed at Drum currently. I was at Thompson Park yesterday with my chainsaw and tools. You can ride a continuous ~75% of it without having to dismount now. A few big trees in the south/southeast areas need to be cut and moved; after that it will be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Formerly of Kent
12,357 Posts
You should also consider recording your trails and putting them on Strava. You'd get more riders out there (I use it as my primary means to locate trails) and get more donors.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strava is a dirty word. Andddd theres bad cell phone/gps service up there. Tried mapping a few trails on my phone (motorola razr maxx hd, good gps.... my tracks?) and I gave up.

·
Formerly of Kent
12,357 Posts
Strava is a dirty word. Andddd theres bad cell phone/gps service up there. Tried mapping a few trails on my phone (motorola razr maxx hd, good gps.... my tracks?) and I gave up.
Well, more people are going to find your trails via Strava than your website. If you want to keep them "private", I get that, but that doesn't seem to be your intent.

The vast majority of Strava users aren't pushing little old ladies off the trail to get segment KOMs. They use it to monitor their own progress and find new places to ride. That's it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts