Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
This trail system is gonna be awesome.

It's located a few miles North of the current Lake Sawyer trail system which just like Victor Falls will someday bite the dust to development. It's across the highway South of the Albertsons in Black Diamond.

Here's the scoop...

King County has given the green light for funds to put in 8 miles of trail surrounding the Maplewoods housing development. If things go well, it is likely they will likely allocate funding for an additional 8 miles.

Everything is in it's initial stages right now, Ralph Loewen has been doing an excellent job doing a walk thru, scouting the area on foot with GPS and getting a great idea of the lay of the land. The local bike clubs are going to scout and determine trail route and features, and the state will pay for a crew to come in and build the actual trail.

Join up BBTC and/or STM and get put on the mailing list if you wish to help out the cause. A bonafide legitamate mt. bike trail built FOR US. Doesn't get much better.....

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
zdfg said:
Lake Sawyer is biting the dust already. Bridges is posted off limits. WTF? Sorry thread hijack.
Dunno
Last time i rode thru it there was a development road running thru it. i suppose until it gets rerouted, it'll be hosed. What will probably happen is Bridges will be cut in half and get integrated to the Toy Tree trail and the other half just a shorter loop....

But yah eventually all of the area will be slowly gobbled up, Victor Falls used to be an awesome place to ride back in the day, but slowly a trail here a forest clearcut there, and now it's closed....

·
Banned
776 Posts
Skookum said:
Dunno
Last time i rode thru it there was a development road running thru it. i suppose until it gets rerouted, it'll be hosed. What will probably happen is Bridges will be cut in half and get integrated to the Toy Tree trail and the other half just a shorter loop....

But yah eventually all of the area will be slowly gobbled up, Victor Falls used to be an awesome place to ride back in the day, but slowly a trail here a forest clearcut there, and now it's closed....
It goes beyond that now. Ask around.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
zdfg said:
It goes beyond that now. Ask around.
It goes beyond what now? Who am i asking? And what am i asking here? Help me out here. :)

If you have more specific information or gossip, well that's what these forums are notorious for. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.