Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
Cool. Thanks.Those numbers look just about right.... but I want a 23.5" TT.:thumbsup: (We're never satisfied, are we?)

Was that picture taken at the top of Free Lunch in Grand Junction? It looks like that little test feature at the beginning of that (very fun) trail.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
pecusick said:
Thats Andrew, one of our sales guys, doing some product testing
Numbers look good! :thumbsup: So will the Tracer replace the 5.5, 6.6 or both?

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
889 Posts
My bet is that the standard 5.5 goes away

SCUBAPRO said:
Numbers look good! :thumbsup: So will the Tracer replace the 5.5, 6.6 or both?
When you compare this to the 5.5, it's equivalent to what Santa Cruz has done for the Blur LT2 vs the old LT. Little more travel, better geometry, lower leverage ratio, reworked VPP for less pedal feedback and the cool grease ports. However, with the adjustability they could easily do away with the standard 6.6 as well.

I'm just glad to see that they kept the large seat tube length within reason on this frame. Only 18.5" versus the 20" on my 6.6. Made for a disproportionately large top tube brace on that frame.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
MondoRides said:
I'm just glad to see that they kept the large seat tube length within reason on this frame. Only 18.5" versus the 20" on my 6.6. Made for a disproportionately large top tube brace on that frame.
I agree. I really needed the large TT length on the 6.6 but almost opted for a medium because of the overly tall, weirdly proportioned seat tube and seat tube brace on the Large. And it's not just aesthetics....it limits how far down you can slam the seat for really aggro descents and jumping too.

I suspect they did that because they didn't have an XL and were afraid really tall folks might jack the seatpost up too high on the L and compromise the strength of the seattube/toptube junction.

Hey, pecusick, Will the new lower links be retro-fittable to the old 6.6? I've heard a retro fit kit will be available for the zerk grease fitting but it would be really cool if you could just bolt up the whole new lower link.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
sanjosedre said:
On another note, are the geometry changes between the 5.5 & 6 inch rear attributed solely to the longer fork?
nope, just like the original Tracer the linkage has two pair of holes for the upper shock mount...

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
is something is wrong with the BB measure?

it looks like they're adding 30mm of fork in the geometry comparison based the change in the SA/HA. so shouldn't the BB height increase be closer to .5 inches?

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
dulyebr said:
is something is wrong with the BB measure?

it looks like they're adding 30mm of fork in the geometry comparison based the change in the SA/HA. so shouldn't the BB height increase be closer to .5 inches?
Not necessarily. If the change in linkage bolt position for the 6inch mode slackens the HA it could also lower the BB height a tiny bit thus offsetting the rise in BB height attributable to the taller fork. Or am I on drugs?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Shock Eye To Eye and Stroke.

I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I'd like to know these figures, if someone has them. Also I'd like to know if there will be any shock options.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
Ronnie said:
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I'd like to know these figures, if someone has them. Also I'd like to know if there will be any shock options.

Ronnie.
7.875 X 2.25 Looks like the Float RP23 will be stock and the DH-X Air as an option.

·
A crunchy treat
208 Posts
KRob said:
7.875 X 2.25 Looks like the Float RP23 will be stock and the DH-X Air as an option.
I'll be putting a coil in mine, do you think a CCDB would be ok with the different leverage ratios? I know they're customised to each frame and rider so... any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
KRob said:
Ah well! Don't want either.:nonod: I guess it's time for a Cane Creek Double Barrel.

Ronnie.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.