Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to get my 2nd mountain bike (I had a Treck about 9 years ago for a summer). It's going to be a used 2005 Yeti ARC. I'm buying it from a co-worker here in Florida. I ride a road bike right now, Giant OCR2 and this Yeti is lighter than it is. When I look at the bike it just seems like it's going fast just standing there still. I had a chance to buy it a few days ago but I couldn't quite justify the 1000.00 he wanted. I was only looking at spending 700.00 tops after tax. I'm so bummed now that I didn't snatch it up right then and there. I have been reading your posts and went to the Yeti website and I'm so excited about the possibility of being part of the Tribe. I know that spending the grand on this bike is a good deal and I'll be getting a great ride but I'm just as excited about becoming a part of the mountain biking scene and the Yeti Tribe. It really seems like a good group of people. I really enjoyed reading the bios on all the workers at Yeti, they really seem like down to earth lovers of bike riding. Anyways, the current bike owner is on vacation for two weeks and I'll get it when he's back I hope. Wish me luck! These are the parts on the bike:

Yeti Arc frame "Lrg" (about 500 miles on it, mostly road)
Fox fork Float RCL 100mm = Rebound, Compression, Lockout
Bontrager Race Light Wheelset tubeless - They are now called X-Lite
Shimano XT crankset and front derailleur
Shimano XTR rear derailleur
Shimano XTR rapid fire shifters/brake set
Yeti carbon fiber bars
Bontrager race light stem
Thompson seat post
Avid single digit Ti rim brakes

I know it's a lot of bike but it was love at first sight when he showed it to me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see questioning the 500 miles thing. The guy has a Yeti full suspension as well and that is what he would race. The ARC was more of a training machine for him and even then because of being in Florida on the east coast he uses his road bike a lot. It is in mint condition, I'm really looking forward to getting it. If I hadn't worked with the guy for the past 5 years I would be very leary as well.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel bad. My local bike shop ordered a Giant XTC2 for me since I had been looking to possibly get one. I hadn't told them I was getting it for sure but they got one in my size any ways. I felt bad telling them that I was going to get this Yeti today. I've been going in the shop for the past year talking about getting a bike. They said no big deal and not to worry about it but I still feel like I'm not supporting them. As bad as I feel though I'm still looking forward to getting this new ride!!

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
well, as I quickly learned, the bike's only a small part of the equation. You're going to quickly need:
Mucho jerseys and shorts and socks
A bike rack to haul to the trail
Helmet
Shoes
Better shoes
Tools
New tires, brakes, chain, cassette
New helmet to replace the one you cracked on that tree
Lights
Chain lube
Bottle cage
Camelback
Need I go on? Plenty of opportunity to support your local bike shop...
:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Big Jim Mac said:
well, as I quickly learned, the bike's only a small part of the equation. You're going to quickly need:
Mucho jerseys and shorts and socks
A bike rack to haul to the trail
Helmet
Shoes
Better shoes
Tools
New tires, brakes, chain, cassette
New helmet to replace the one you cracked on that tree
Lights
Chain lube
Bottle cage
Camelback
Need I go on? Plenty of opportunity to support your local bike shop...
:thumbsup:
I agree with the "Righteous dude" over here ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.