Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Whats up, my names Eric, and I'm a 22 yr. old student/PC tech in Marquette, Michigan. Im big into just about anything that moves, I'm the head of the university car club, Like motorcycling, and also, you guessed it, Mtn. biking. hah:thumbsup:

I've been riding seriously for the last 2 years, I got into the sport from an ex girlfriend actually, and have been addicted ever since. I also do some races around the area in the summer, there tons of fun, and I'm interested in doing 3 or 4 this summer. I have 2 bikes, a Jamis Dakar as my trail/exploratory bike, and my fav. my home built single speed which I commute on and bomb around in the woods with a fair bit aswell. There are TONS of awesome trails here in the Marquette area, and I love IT!! Its a bikers dream up here. I've also had a chance to do some riding out in Colorado too, which is also awesome! I'm not a total newb to bikes, but I still know far from everything. Decided to finally join up to buy/sell stuff and hear about experiences and get tips on stuff, hope I can learn some **** on here.

Here's some pics of me and my bikes, enjoy!

The Jam jam

In colorado

The evolution of the single speed:
Got it as a drunk cruiser that someone left at my house, decided to use the frame and some other basic components off it and make a single speed. I love it now!
Before:

After:

Looking forward to meeting some of you!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
emtnate said:
Looks like you're in a great place to ride. A friend who lives in Copper Harbor told me the whole county is nothing but trails.
It really is a great place, and I haven't even been on a anywhere near 50% of whats available up here.

I really want to do the race up in Copper Harbor this year, the Fat tire fest, everyone says its a riot. I have raced on the trails in the Hoghton/Hancock area before tho, and they were really cool as well.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jalopy jockey said:
65 degrees in June whats so hardcore about that ;) We're talking lake Superior lake effect region there.
It wasnt june, it was may. And it got up to 60 that day on a freak occurrence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.