Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I began riding two weeks ago, all my buds have been riding for 7-10 years. They finally got me out there a couple weeks ago. My friend and LBS owner let me ride his Fuji Outland RC 1.0 FS with all XTR components and was fun but I crashed a lot a little twitchy for me, we have very technical trails here in Mid-Mo. Lots of rock gardens big uphills fast narrow downhills, so then I jumped on my buddies Titus El Guapo FS AM and was a much better experience still crashed a few times but was a little better fitted for me. Now I am riding my buddies Gary Fisher Fat Possum XT FS because the El Guapo is his main bike and wanted it back. His Gary Fisher is his winter bike. So Im riding the Fat Possum daily until I finish my build(still crashing). I am ordering my frame on Tuesday, its the Mach 429. I am so excited to have finally given this sport a try it is awesome. I am a hiker and an avid outdoorsman so it is a perfect fit for me. I have an addictive personality I am either all in or all out and I am definitely ALL IN. I am glad all my buddies have been so accomadating by letting me ride their bikes and teaching me about riding techniques and showing lots of patience with a newbie. Riding with all of these very experienced riders can be daunting because I find myself trying to keep up with them and thats when I crash and burn. They keep telling me to ride at my own pace and work on technique and the speed will come, so I guess I will slow down and enjoy the ride:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im excited to start the build process, so many options and opinions it will be an interesting couple weeks of ordering components and assembly. I will have the first Pivot in our group, my buddies bikes are- Titus, Gary Fisher, Trek, Fuji, Intense, Santa Cruz, Motobecane and GT. Even though everything I have read about the Pivot is awesome its also nice to have a ride no one else has here, for now anyways.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ed, I will be sure to do that. I am gonna try to learn a lot because my friend who owns the LBS is gonna let me hang around and help with the assembly. It should be a good way for a newbie to learn about the components and also maintenance. Im gonna do a XT/X9 build basically maybe throw in a few XTR pieces and thinking about an Industry Nine Wheelset and a Chris King Headset and a Fox front fork with Ritchey carbon handlebars, stem and seatpost. After all this I am sure my wife is gonna confiscate the checkbook:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.