Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just installed a '05/06 110mm lefty (w/Terralogic) on my Santa Cruz Blur XC using the Project 321 adapter (very nice system!).

I have a used wheel coming off of eBay that has a 171 4 bolt disc on it.

I searched this forum, read a lot but still have questions:

1) Is the an 05/06 Lefty brake mounts true IS mounting?
2) I'm assuming I'll need an IS adapter for my XT hydo brake caliper. Where can I get one for a 171mm rotor??? This sounds iffy to me.
3) Will I have spacing issues with the disc and caliper - will I need to shim?

OR

Is it best/make more sense (cents?) to get a 160 or 180 4 bolt rotor which I'm assuming will take a std shimano IS caliper adapter? I'm pretty sure my LBS has 4 bolt disc's...

Any advice would be helpful, all I'm lacking is wheel/brake and I can ride!

Thanks,

CJS

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
4 bolt pattern has been discontinued for quite some time, because its was agreed that all the manufacturers should be on the more safe 6 bolt standard (IS). Hope makes them, but I havnt seen any other than on chain reaction cycles. I have no idea if they ship to the US either.

171mm rotor also isnt really made anymore, along with the adapters. That was a CODA/Magura thing in the early 2000's. Standard sizes are now 140(Rear only) 160,180, 203, 230 is made by Formula and can be used with their adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.