Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All:

I'm new to the area. Starting a new job in Loveland tomorrow, staying in Longmont for a few weeks until I find a house in Ft. Collins.

Looking to get some riding in, but not familiar with the trails in the area. I bought a book, but that's not the same as having tour guides.

Devil's Backbone is gonna be the closest trail to my office that I can find, and I'm working funky 9-6 hours that arent conducive to riding much farther away after work, although I think there are a few trails not too far from Longmont.

Any input would be great, and I'd like to ride Devil's on Tuesday, about 6:30ish if anyone would like to show me around.

Thanks in advance.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Check out Hall ranch in Lyons. 15 minutes from Longmont. Great riding. Also, pick up a map from Lattitude 40: Front Range trails, and maybe Boulder County trails if you want more detail of that area.

Welcome!

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
single track mind said:
Hey All:

I'm new to the area. Starting a new job in Loveland tomorrow, staying in Longmont for a few weeks until I find a house in Ft. Collins.

Looking to get some riding in, but not familiar with the trails in the area. I bought a book, but that's not the same as having tour guides.

Devil's Backbone is gonna be the closest trail to my office that I can find, and I'm working funky 9-6 hours that arent conducive to riding much farther away after work, although I think there are a few trails not too far from Longmont.

Any input would be great, and I'd like to ride Devil's on Tuesday, about 6:30ish if anyone would like to show me around.

Thanks in advance.
Hey. Welcome to Colorado. Stop by and say hi, I'm 1/2mi west of Devil's Backbone, next to the Conoco. I'd be happy to show you around, though I probably can't make it out Tuesday as I'm frantically trying to finish stuff in time to leave Wed. morning for 2 weeks in Hawaii.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ventanarama said:
Hey. Welcome to Colorado. Stop by and say hi, I'm 1/2mi west of Devil's Backbone, next to the Conoco. I'd be happy to show you around, though I probably can't make it out Tuesday as I'm frantically trying to finish stuff in time to leave Wed. morning for 2 weeks in Hawaii.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
Cool, thanks. I'll come in and check it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Debaser said:
Check out Hall ranch in Lyons. 15 minutes from Longmont. Great riding. Also, pick up a map from Lattitude 40: Front Range trails, and maybe Boulder County trails if you want more detail of that area.

Welcome!
Thanks. You up for a ride out there some time this week?

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
single track mind said:
Thanks. You up for a ride out there some time this week?
I'm trying to get in the habit of hitting the Redstone ride: 6:30 at the park 1 block south of downtown Lyons, Thursday. You should come, you'll have a chance to ride with several people.

·
single track ****
628 Posts
I'm riding tues eve.

single track mind said:
Hey All:

Thanks in advance.
A group of us usually get together in your area for tues/thur night rides at about 6:45 if you'ld like to join. Devils backbone is hotter that hades right now, and a better winter ride. We're meeting in Lyons across from blackbear Inn in dirt lot tomorrow night. take it easy, Miguel

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
single track mind said:
Hey All:

Thanks in advance.
I'll be at the Backbone on Tues and can meet around 6:30. Me and another guy will be out there.

Let me know if you want to do that. It's warm, but not unbearable as the setting sun is usually behind the "bone" by 6:30...

Chad

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chad1433 said:
I'll be at the Backbone on Tues and can meet around 6:30. Me and another guy will be out there.

Let me know if you want to do that. It's warm, but not unbearable as the setting sun is usually behind the "bone" by 6:30...

Chad
I'm there. See you then. I'm in a black SUV with a silver Giant.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
I moved to Loveland 8 weeks ago and have been spending a lot of time on the bone as well as hanging around mtn high cyclery & keeping larry from doing anything productive.
:)
Would love to meet you tuesday night but have a prior commitment. I'm hoping to ride wednesday evening on the bone.

feel free to drop me an email: [email protected]

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
I moved to Loveland 8 weeks ago and have been spending a lot of time on the bone as well as hanging around mtn high cyclery & keeping larry from doing anything productive.
Would love to meet you tuesday night but have a prior commitment. I'm hoping to ride wednesday evening on the bone.

I can't make it on Wed, I have class. I'll probably go out Thurs and Friday around 5:30, too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Squeaky Wheel said:

I may try to get there again tomorrow (Wed.) I'll know better by lunch time tomorrow.

Thanks to Chad1433 for showing me around DB today. Great trail (and close to the office). Good mix of some tech. and some smooth, fast rollers. More climbing than I expected (STOP Laughing, I'm from Texas) but I'll be ready for it (mentally) next time.

Met Larry and Shawn (Sean?) @ Mnt. High Cyclery and I look forward to riding with them, and putting their kids through college.

I'm gonna love it here. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.