Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just thought I'd introduce myself to the AZ group. New to the forums, not so new to riding.
I'm riding a RM Slayer and an old Litespeed Hiwassee which will soon be turned into a singlespeed.
Been riding the Desert Classic and National trails since I was in HS, although I've spent the past few years just going to the gym and occasionally hitting the road with the Litespeed.
I'm big and slow and I'm in the 'tukkee area so I hope to see some of you around:)

Jason

Attachments

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Welcome. I ride SoMo all the time so we'll probably see each other around. I ride a Dean Ace so shout out if ya see me.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
heat, welcome to the AZ forum.

you're slow, eh? well, as my username indicates, i too am slow! and dars nuttin wrong with that. as a matter of fact, i think we enjoy the desert more that way!:rolleyes:

i ride with a few people who also are c-riders. next time we plan a ride i'll pm you.

K

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
new too

Ah yeah, I'm new to the area too.

I'm originally from WA State, but I spent the last year and a half down in the bowels of hell (aka Georgia), while my wife was finishing up her stint in the USAF. I bought my bike last year to replace the lack of skiing in the Georgia. Georgia is pretty flat, and but the biking community is pretty well organized. Actually there was a standing ride every Wednesday night at L.H. Thomson that was pretty well attended. I haven't had a chance to get in the saddle for a while because of the move out here and I bit it pretty hard in my first race, so my legs are definetly outta shape.

I'm living in Ahwatukee, and I'm looking forward to ripping SoMo.

Peace!

·
Registered
83 Posts
welcome. im new here as well. havent ridden with any of the folks here, but then again, the only areas I have been too since I started back up, are up north away from the heat.

Im sure I have seen or briefly spoken with a few of the DH'ers lurking around up at Sunrise Ski Resort.

When it gets cooler I plan to join up on some of the c-rides. My home is down the street from Hawes in the East Valley, so I dont see much of SoMo. Ya Im kinda lazy like that. But I'm really tryin to change...:) Just not when its a Bajillion degrees out:p .

Also, doin some updating of parts on my All Mountain ride, full squish ride isnt fun to pedal uphill, but Im not against it, especially if its worth it.

Oh and another guy in my crew rolls the same 06 RM Slayer. Nice ride. And by the way we are all slow, some more than others. And its still fun.:D

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Heat said:
Hey all, just thought I'd introduce myself to the AZ group. New to the forums, not so new to riding.
I'm riding a RM Slayer and an old Litespeed Hiwassee which will soon be turned into a singlespeed.
Been riding the Desert Classic and National trails since I was in HS, although I've spent the past few years just going to the gym and occasionally hitting the road with the Litespeed.
I'm big and slow and I'm in the 'tukkee area so I hope to see some of you around:)

Jason
Sweet Slayer!!

I wish I had the new frame style, but I guess I'll make do with my 05 Slayer 30. :thumbsup:

See you on the trails, I ride with kaboose and group some times...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great to hear from everyone!

just an fyi; been workin on the Litespeed SS project today; took the bike apart (minus the crank, havin a little trouble getting it off) and started taking off the decals. Gonna finish stripping the decals tomorrow and give the bike a light polish with ScotchBrite Pad, WD40, and Lemon Pledge in hand.:)

Attachments

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
I too ride DC all the time. I love DC for some reason. Its easy, comfortable, and I can just get in a rythem and ride. no hike a bike, just ride.

im on an all black trek liquid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.